No one person in any organization can by himself alone bring success. Organization success is often, if not always, a direct result of teamwork. Teams are increasingly a strategic asset needed to achieve business goals and to meet operational objectives. Whether they are high-level teams or ground-level teams, they are inherently ineffective until they possess certain factors that render them effective.
This one-day course will empower participants to learn and practice seven critical essentials of structured teamwork that can be applied at any levels in the workplace. These practical essentials will strengthen the effectiveness of teams, and in turn, better equip them to achieve the outcomes expected of them.
• Understand the issues faced in teams
• Learn the seven critical essentials of highly effective teams
• Understand the structured approach of building a team
• Practice the techniques associated with the critical essentials
• Transforming from being a Group to a Team
• Better equip teams to perform and deliver
1. Issues faced in teams
2. Introduction to the 7 essentials of effective teams
- Team Formation
- Team Meetings
- Problem Solving and Decision Making
- Communication and Trust
- Managing Differences
- Recognition and Acknowledgement
3. Team Formation
- Stages of Team Formation
- Team Charter
4. Team Meetings
- Meeting Plans
- Meetings Minutes
- Meetings Robbers
5. Problem Solving and Decision Making
- Effective Problem Solving
- Decision Making options
6. Communication and Trust
- Issues in communications
- Check for understanding
- Trust building
7. Managing Differences
- Values Differences
- Assertiveness vs Cooperativeness
- Tenets of empowerment
- Decision Transfer Matrix
9. Recognition and Acknowledgement
- Types of recognition and acknowledgement
- Praise bombardment
Who should attend
• Managers, Engineers, Professionals, and Ground Crews who need to lead/facilitate teams or who are assigned to work in teams with deliverables to achieve at any level in the workplace.
• Facilitated Small Group Discussion
Benefits of Attending This Course
• Learn the difference of being in a Group and being in a Team
• Learn seven critical essentials of highly effective teams so that there is a structured approach for teams to function systematically and effectively
• Opportunity for team members from a same team to acquire a same team language so that they can function coherently when they attend the workshop as a team together
• Practical transfer of knowledge to application
What questions this training programme provides answers to:
• What is the difference between groups and teams?
• Why do teams fail?
• What are the secrets of effective teams?
• Can a group be transformed to a team?
Philip Lee has over 28 years of working experience in the American MNCs, namely Texas Instruments Singapore and Micron Semiconductor Asia Pte Ltd. He has held the positions of a Master Structured Teamwork Facilitator, Training and People Development Manager, Organization and Workforce Development Manager, Materials Operations Manager, and Manufacturing Quality Manager.
At the national level, Philip Lee is a veteran assessor. He has amassed over 13 years of assessment experience under different national frameworks such as Business Excellence National Lead Assessor, Singapore Productivity Award National Assessor and Businesses for Family Mark/We Welcome Families Award National Assessor,
With over 20 years of experiences in training, facilitation and organization development, his participants often describe him to be captivating, passionate, focus, engaging, and outcome-based. Philip’s forte is in the areas of fundamental leadership, problem-solving & decision-making, team-working, effective meeting skills, creativity, conflict management, facilitation skills, communication & interpersonal relationship, performance appraisal, service leadership, project management, inter alia. He has facilitated 1500 hours of training delivery that benefited more than 5400 participants from all levels of staff and from all walks of life. Philip has also earned a ‘Outstanding Life Coach’ recognition from the-then MCYS ‘Save the Children’ program.
Coupled with his national assessment experience which means he is familiar with the best practices in the industry, Philip brings a wealth of knowledge for learning and sharing into training.
Philip possesses a Master of Science in Training, Bachelor of Science in double Physics, Diploma in Personnel Management and Advanced Certificate in Training and Assessment. He is also a Certified Professional Facilitator & Trainer, Advanced Certified Behavioral Coach and Master Facilitator of Structured Teamwork.
• 27 May 2020 (1st Run)
• S$ 450 per participant
• S$ 400 per participant for 2 participants from the same organisation
• S$ 350 per participant for 3 or more participants from the same organisation
• 9 am - 5 pm
• Coffee & tea with snacks during the morning and afternoon breaks
• Buffet lunch with vegetarian & halal options
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded at the end of the workshop.
Please use this form to register for our HRM SKILLS Workshops.
* Please note that the participant’s particulars will be shared with SSG (SkillsFuture Singapore) for the post-training TRAQOM (Training Quality and Outcome Measurement) survey.
STILL NOT SURE? CALL US
(65) 6337-7516 or 6338-8487, 9 am to 5 pm, Mondays to Fridays
You can register online for any of HRM SKILLS Workshops using the Registration Form or send an email to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
The information we require for email registration is as follows:
- Course Title & Date
- Participant's Full Name, NRIC/FIN, Email Address, Mobile Number
- Organisation, Company Name or Self-Sponsored
- Contact Person (If different from Participant)
- Contact Number