While there are various different reasons for companies to exist either as a private limited company, or a public listed company, a public listed company offers an unique value proposition to its ‘employees’ who have put in relentless effort to run & manage the company successfully. Such value proposition is to reward the core management team through wealth creation after successful IPO, which is unlikely to be the case, if the company remains to be a private limited company.
The journey towards IPO is therefore challenging, but rewarding as well, as it is just the starting point for value enhancement.
Understanding of IPO will therefore encourage, motivate core team, under the leadership of senior management (Chairman /CEO) to embark on a journey of excellence, as the end result of being a public listed company, is to run a sustainable profitable company with a greater transparency and accountability.
• To understand the pros and cons of private limited company vs public listed company.
• To appreciate why IPO is a wealth creation process, not just for the founders, but the key management staff.
• To learn the various listing rules of Singapore Stock Exchange.
• To learn the disclosure & other requirements for listing purpose in Singapore Stock Exchange.
• To understand why some public listed companies being reprimanded by Stock Exchange.
• To learn how to prepare for a successful IPO.
• To learn how 'employees share option scheme' (ESOS) works.
• As an alternative to Singapore listing, to learn secondary listings in UK 'AIM' board and China.
• To learn when and why company decided to be delisted after IPO.
• To learn how successful company works.
• To learn various relevant terminologies, terms used & its implication-market cap, liquidity, impairment, window dressing etc.
I. What are the minimum requirements to be listed -Financial & regulatory
• SGX main board
II. Roles of various parties
• Management team
III. Risk management framework
• Why important to have enterprise risk management in place?
• SGX requirements
IV. Process & certain important documentation
• How to kick off the IPO process
V. Duty & obligation
• After listing
VI. Stock Exchanges in UK/China
• Dual listing
• UK ‘ AIM’ board
• China- Shanghai/Beijing
VII. Employee Shares Option Scheme (ESOS)
VIII. What investors or potential investors are looking for in a new IPO company?
• ROE Return on equity
• Free cash flow
• Dividend yield
IX. Case Study - IPO in 12 months from idea to IPO?
X. Latest trend and updates
• SGX RegCo- Singapore Exchange Regulation
• ICO (Initial Coin Offering) Bitcoin (digital currency)
• Disclosure framework
XI. Case study on company delisting
XII. Prospect of investing in equity/shares vs. other asset class
Who should attend
• Board members
• CEO, chief executive officer
• COO, chief operating officer
• CFO, chief financial officer
• Key management team consisting of
- Production director/manager
- Human Resource director/manager
- MIS manager
- Marketing director/manager
- Head of engineering department
- Material director
- Purchasing manager
- Production control manager/officer
• Case studies
Seow Sin Leng has 40 years of working experience in small & medium size manufacturing firms locally & regionally. His roles involve mainly in finance, human resources, due diligence for M&A , management. The industries cover shipbuilding & repairing, paper products, printed circuits boards assembly (PCBA), equipment build, monitor, liquid crystal displays (LCD) and printed circuit board (PCB). As CFO and senior management , he involved IPO ( Initial public offer) of a company for listing in the Singapore Stock Exchange.
• Date to be advised (2nd Run)
• S$ 450 per participant
• S$ 400 per participant for 2 participants from the same organisation
• S$ 350 per participant for 3 or more participants from the same organisation
• 9 am - 5 pm
• Skills Connect WDA Reference CRS-N-0046753.
• Skills Future Credit for Self-Sponsored Singaporeans aged 25 and above.
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded at the end of the workshop.
• Coffee & tea with snacks during the morning breaks
• Buffet lunch with vegetarian & halal options
Please use this form to register for our HRM SKILLS Workshops.
STILL NOT SURE? CALL US
(65) 6337-7516 or 6338-8487, 9 am to 5 pm, Mondays to Fridays
You can register online for any of HRM SKILLS Workshops using the Registration Form or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
The information we require for email registration is as follows:
- Course Title & Date
- Participant's Full Name
- Organisation, Company Name or Self-Sponsored
- Contact Person (If different from Participant)
- Contact Number
Past Participants' Comments
Past Participant Organisations
• Pezzo Singapore
• Security & Risk Solutions
• TAK Products & Services
• Vistra Corporate Services (SEA)