Meetings are often considered a waste of time. Problem-solving are sometimes not effective. Seminars and campaigns are sometimes poorly organized. Training is rendered not effective. Projects missed milestone deadline. What is amiss?
Often, this is due to myriad of reasons. These include failure to adhere to certain process expected, failure to look into blind spots, failure to challenge underlying assumption, failure to explore alternatives and possibilities, failure to reach consensus, failure to engage and optimize participation, and failure to manage difficult characters.
Process Facilitation serves to address and confront these challenges so that these events can be more fruitfully and efficiently carried out to meet their objectives.
This 1-day course imparts the know-how of Process Facilitation in a practical fashion.
• Understand the meaning and purpose of Process Facilitation
• Learn in what circumstances does Process Facilitation apply
• Learn the art of Process Facilitating an event
• Put into practice the basics of Process Facilitation
1. Challenges faced in managing an event
2. Process Facilitation IS / IS NOT
3. Definition of Process Facilitation
4. Events where Process Facilitation apply
5. The Art of Process Facilitation
- Understand the purpose/outcome of an event
- Know the Process Facilitation focus points
- Bag of Tools
- Ice Breaking
- Ground Rules / Performance Contract
- Questioning Skills
- Volley technique
- Act Blur
- Participants’ body language
- Devil advocate
- Dealing with difficult characters
Benefits of Attending This Course
• Acquire various techniques to facilitate different types of events more effectively and efficiently to meet the event objectives
• More competent and confident to deal with challenges when managing any event
• Practice the art of process facilitation under a guided environment
Who should attend
• Managers, Professional, OD practitioners, Trainers, Consultants, Team leaders, and anyone who needs to ensure the success of events like problem-solving, decision-making, project management, training delivery, campaigns, seminar, meet-the-people session, change management, meeting, et al
• Group Discussion
• Group Activities
• Role play
What questions this training programme provides answers to:
• What is/is not process facilitation?
• Under what circumstances is process facilitation applicable?
• How can process facilitation contribute to the success of an event?
• What are the process facilitation techniques?
Philip Lee has over 28 years of working experience in the American MNCs, namely Texas Instruments Singapore and Micron Semiconductor Asia Pte Ltd. He has held the positions of a Master Structured Teamwork Facilitator, Training and People Development Manager, Organization and Workforce Development Manager, Materials Operations Manager, and Manufacturing Quality Manager.
At the national level, Philip Lee is a veteran assessor. He has amassed over 13 years of assessment experience under different national frameworks such as Business Excellence National Lead Assessor, Singapore Productivity Award National Assessor and Businesses for Family Mark/We Welcome Families Award National Assessor,
With over 20 years of experiences in training, facilitation and organization development, his participants often describe him to be captivating, passionate, focus, engaging, and outcome-based. Philip’s forte is in the areas of fundamental leadership, problem-solving & decision-making, team-working, effective meeting skills, creativity, conflict management, facilitation skills, communication & interpersonal relationship, performance appraisal, service leadership, project management, inter alia. He has facilitated 1500 hours of training delivery that benefited more than 5400 participants from all levels of staff and from all walks of life. Philip has also earned a ‘Outstanding Life Coach’ recognition from the-then MCYS ‘Save the Children’ program.
Coupled with his national assessment experience which means he is familiar with the best practices in the industry, Philip brings a wealth of knowledge for learning and sharing into the trainings.
Philip possesses a Master of Science in Training, Bachelor of Science in double Physics, Diploma in Personnel Management and Advanced Certificate in Training and Assessment. He is also a Certified Professional Facilitator & Trainer, Advanced Certified Behavioral Coach and Master Facilitator of Structured Teamwork.
• 19 September 2019 (1st Run)
• S$ 450 per participant
• S$ 400 per participant for 2 participants from the same organisation
• S$ 350 per participant for 3 or more participants from the same organisation
• 9 am - 5 pm
• Coffee & tea with snacks during the morning and afternoon breaks
• Buffet lunch with vegetarian & halal options
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded at the end of the workshop.
Please use this form to register for our HRM SKILLS Workshops.
* Please note that the participant’s particulars will be shared with SSG (SkillsFuture Singapore) for the post-training TRAQOM (Training Quality and Outcome Measurement) survey.
STILL NOT SURE? CALL US
(65) 6337-7516 or 6338-8487, 9 am to 5 pm, Mondays to Fridays
You can register online for any of HRM SKILLS Workshops using the Registration Form or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
The information we require for email registration is as follows:
- Course Title & Date
- Participant's Full Name, NRIC/FIN, Email Address, Mobile Number
- Organisation, Company Name or Self-Sponsored
- Contact Person (If different from Participant)
- Contact Number