Coaching for Performance and Development can be described as a series of guided conversations that enable the “coachee” to discover and implement personal solutions to challenging issues or areas of performance at workplace or in life. These solutions, because they are intrinsic to the “coachee,” are more likely to succeed and endure than solutions imposed externally.
The intent and purpose of a successful coach at workplace is to unleash and unlock the potential of your team members and to bring awareness and responsibility to achieve their performance goals, and thus in the process enhancing personal development growth.
The best way to summarize this one day workshop is to build a climate of trust, strengthen a deeper engagement both cognitively and emotionally between the coach (leader) and his/her coachee (subordinate).
The existence of this trust and engagement brings better professional relationship, awareness and responsibility by their subordinates/ team members to ensure their performance bar is always raised, adapting with change and the passion to excel.
• To define and conceptualize the difference between Coaching, Mentoring and Counseling.
• To acquire the key role and qualities of an effective coach.
• To acquire and develop effective coaching skills for performance.
• To apply the coaching framework using the G.R.O.W Coaching Model.
• To design an effective Individual Development Action Plan (IDAP).
• To reflect and derive a Personal Action Plan.
I. To define and conceptualize the difference between Coaching, Mentoring and Counseling
- To clearly define clearly these terminologies and understand the differences.
- To apply in the right context or situation.
- What Millennials want from their Boss
II. To acquire the key role and qualities of an effective coach
- Attributes of an effective coach (Leader-Coach)
- The DO’s and DONT’s of a Coach at workplace.
III. To acquire and develop effective coaching skills for Performance
- Application of coaching skills of: Constructive Feedback, Levels of Listening, Quality Questioning, Sense Making of Conversation and Challenging Assumption Skills.
- Applying Timothy Gallwey on “The Inner Game of Work. (Interference Model)
- Application of appropriate Organization Learning Tools for effective coaching
- Applying the Speed of Trust Model.
IV. To apply the following Coaching Framework using the G.R.O.W Coaching Model
- Establish the desired Goal (S.M.A. R. T.)
- What is the current Reality in terms of Performance Gaps?
- What are the Options to achieve the desired Goal?
- What are the Actions to achieve the desired Goal?
- Application of the Wheel + Scaling Tool (Gap Analysis)
- Application of GROW Coaching Model - Role Play Practice
V. Design an effective and efficient Individual Development Action Plan (IDAP)
- Purpose of IDAP
- Crafting an IDAP
VI. Personal Reflection and Personal Action Plan
- Craft an Action Plan for Transfer back to workplace for implementation
Who should attend
Team Leaders, Supervisors, Managers and above.
Benefits of attending this course
I. Heightens awareness of communication personal and professional strengths, as well as areas to develop, leverage on opportunities and potential.
II. It creates and builds confidence, creative-thinking, responsibility and commitment where.
- It allows time to reflect, so coaching develops thinking skills, strategic planning and therefore results.
- Professional development in terms of coaching knowledge and skills for participants.
III. Using your coaching skills to elicit answers from the team and encourage ownership of process and results, rather than telling them what to do.
IV. Instead of a once-a-year appraisal, establish a regular “formal coaching” session for each member of the team to develop them in a more sustained way
What questions this training programme provide answers to
I. The key difference between Coaching, Mentoring and Counseling and the context and situation it is applied?
II. What attributes, knowledge and skills can one learn so as to apply effective coaching @ workplace?
III. How do I get my team members to take ownership and be proactive in their actions and achieve the organization/department goals?
IV. How to monitor the progress of my team and to incorporate this process as part of the performance management cycle?
Suresh Nair is a professional Executive Coach. He currently consults, develops, facilitates and assesses training for both government and corporate organizations in the areas of coaching, leadership, change and management skills at various levels. He holds a passion for training, facilitating, developing and learning, and has a strong ability to work closely and cohesively with people.
Suresh was a former senior military officer and has served with distinction at various senior positions in the military both in Singapore and overseas during his 27 years of military service. He was awarded the Commendation Medal (Military).
Suresh’s key areas are in Executive Leadership Coaching, Mentoring, Full Range Leadership Model, Leading and Managing Change, Managing Generations and Strategic Planning. Suresh has conducted numerous Leadership and Coaching Programs and Strategic Planning Retreats for numerous organizations. To date Suresh has conducted more than 1500+ classroom facilitated workshops, in-house customized soft skills workshops at various levels over the past 13 years.
Suresh possess a Masters Degree in Business Administration (MBA) in General Management), Master in Education (MEd) in Leadership, Policy and Change and a Diploma in Human Resource Development. He also possesses Advanced Certificate in Training and Assessment (ACTA), Post Graduate Advanced Certificate in Coaching (UK) and Executive Diploma Business and Consultancy.
• 6 March 2018 - 1st Run
• S$ 450 per participant
• S$ 400 per participant for 2 participants from the same organisation
• S$ 350 per participant for 3 or more participants from the same organisation
• 9 am - 5 pm
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded at the end of the workshop.
• Coffee & tea with snacks during the morning and afternoon breaks
• Buffet lunch with vegetarian & halal options
Please use this form to register for our HRM SKILLS Workshops.
STILL NOT SURE? CALL US
(65) 6337-7516 or 6338-8487, 9 am to 5 pm, Mondays to Fridays
You can register online for any of HRM SKILLS Workshops using the Registration Form or send an email to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
The information we require for email registration is as follows:
- Course Title & Date
- Participant's Full Name
- Organisation, Company Name or Self-Sponsored
- Contact Person (If different from Participant)
- Contact Number