This workshop helps participants build confidence in their abilities to turn an angry complainer into a satisfied and loyal customer.
Dealing with complaints effectively can build a good relationship with your customers, save money by avoiding their escalation, and earn repeat business. Most organizations receive complaints via telephone, email or letter and you need to respond to them. In order to be your organization’s customer service ambassador, you need to stay motivated and to be confident that you are dealing with customers as effectively and positively as possible.
Join us for this one day course to build confidence in your ability to turn an angry complainer into a satisfied and loyal customer.
• Examine what causes customers to be difficult.
• Analyse own state and determine the approach towards dealing with these customers.
• Identify different customer behaviours.
• Apply empathetic listening and questioning to resolve issues.
• Choose the best response to a complaint.
• Structure your responses effectively.
• Handling customers complaints by phone, emails and face-to-face.
I. Prepare to Deal with Customer Complaints
• Perception versus Expectation
• Positive Attitude and Mindset
II. Identifying Best Response to Complaints
• Techniques to set a clear objective
• Understanding who you are writing to
• Know what the customers need from you
• Using positive words
• How to deliver negative news
III. Handling Complaints by Telephone
• Listening techniques
• What body language can help or hinder
• Putting the customer at ease
• Practical things to say and do
• Putting things back on a positive track
IV. Handling Complaints by Emails
• Why do we need email etiquette?
• Applying appropriate email structures
• Sending the right message
V. Handling Complaints by Letter
• Getting the structures right
• Standard forms of closures and enclosures
• Making it look good
Who should attend
• Customer service managers, line managers, supervisors who are responsible for the service level in their organisations and want to provide excellent customer service.
Carina Tien has over 20 years of corporate experiences in various multinational companies. Her experience and exposure include customer relations, human resources, training & development, sales administration, secretarial, advertising and business development.
Carina is a Certified Corporate Trainer specializes in communication skills training and an expert in voice coaching. Her areas of focus include Business Etiquette, Problem Solving, Conflict Management, Interpersonal Skills, Assertive Skills, Goal Setting and Personal Effectiveness, Customer Service and Handling Difficult People/Customers. She has conducted numerous workshops for both MNCs and SMEs in the past years and had been interviewed in the media such as Singapore’s News Radio 93.8 Live and Pop Radio Station 933. Carina also contributes articles to the Straits Times Career Guide.
A powerful presenter, Carina takes keen interest in research and development of workshops, keeping in mind participants’ various organizational behaviours and work habits. Her conviction with regard to potential in every human being to excel beyond his imagination is very strong and forms the basis of her training. The key to success is the belief in ourselves. She evokes a positive self-response within individuals so that they start believing in their own capabilities. It gives her immense pleasure to witness her audience’s paradigm shift during and after the workshops. Her mission in life is to assist individuals to flourish and progress even during extreme stress and adverse circumstances and to be a source of positivity and inspiration for the community and colleagues around them.
Carina has a Degree in Business & Human Resource Management. She also has Diplomas in Communication Studies, Advertising, Business Administration, Image Consulting, and in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL), as well as a Professional Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, a Certificate in Practical Counseling as well as an Advanced Certificate In Training & Assessment (ACTA).
Carina is a Certified Master Life Coach and NLP Practitioner and is effectively bilingual in English, Mandarin and local dialects.
• Date to be advised - 3rd Run
• S$ 450 per participant
• S$ 400 per participant for 2 participants from the same organisation
• S$ 350 per participant for 3 or more participants from the same organisation
• 9 am - 5 pm
• PIC Claimable for Company Sponsored Participants.
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded at the end of the workshop.
• Coffee & tea with snacks during the morning and afternoon breaks
• Buffet lunch with vegetarian & halal options
Please use this form to register for our HRM SKILLS Workshops.
STILL NOT SURE? CALL US
(65) 6337-7516 or 6338-8487, 9 am to 5 pm, Mondays to Fridays
You can register online for any of HRM SKILLS Workshops using the Registration Form or send an email to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
The information we require for email registration is as follows:
- Course Title & Date
- Participant's Full Name
- Organisation, Company Name or Self-Sponsored
- Contact Person (If different from Participant)
- Contact Number
Past Participants' Comments
• "Carina is good at relating situations to what she has presented. Keep it up!"
• "The theories and practice when handling a customer (difficult one), was definitely very helpful. I really enjoyed the trainer’s method of teaching and her energy, well done!" - Jasmine Koh, Gardens by the Bay
• "Very detailed explanation, will definitely help in my work area!" - Joranna Low, Visiber S’pore Pte Ltd
• "All parts in the course can be applied at work. The training is very effective and helpful" - Wah Nu, Inecom Pte Ltd
• "Excellent trainer!" - Desmond Song, SDH Institute Pte Ltd
Past Participant Organisations
• Building and Construction Authority, Credit Counselling Singapore Society, Century Tokyo Leasing (S).
• Donna Iboutique, Gardens By The Bay, Inecom.
• MSIG Insurance (Singapore), Nikko Chemicals Singapore, Orange Valley Nursing Homes.
• SDH Institute, Singapore Children's Society, Singapore Mobility Corporation, The Star Performing Arts Centre, Visiber Singapore.