The PDPA (Personal Data Protection Act) is a data protection law comprises of various rules governing the collection, usage, disclosure, and protection of personal data. It recognises the rights of an individual to protect their personal data from misuse, including rights to access and correction of personal data.
It is mandatory for all organisations to appoint a Data Protection Officer and have in place data protection policies and procedures to handle feedbacks and requests.
As most business processes are conducted by employees and or data intermediaries (service providers), data protection policies serve as a guide for all relevant stakeholders including customers or individual. Thus, it is important to review and re-evaluate existing policies and processes to align with the Act.
Staying in compliance with PDPA gives the organisation a competitive advantage and gain customers’ confidence.
Any breach of the PDPA provision will attract both criminal and or civil action taken against the organisation and or individual.
Participants attending this workshop need to have prior knowledge in PDPA or have attended PDPA training.
• Identify key components of external and internal data protection policy.
• Integrate the organisation’s businesses operations with relevant data protection policies.
• Develop external and internal data protection policies.
• Develop procedures to receive feedbacks and request on data protection matters.
This activity-based workshop consists of 4 segments as follows:
• Overview of 9 key obligations of the PDPA
• Purposes of an external data protection policy
• Identify key components of an external data protection policy
• Purposes of an internal data protection policy
• Identify key components of an internal data protection policy
• Seeking stakeholders’ commitment
• Develop a process to receive feedback
• Develop a process to receive request on access/ withdrawal of consent
• Roles and responsibilities of Stakeholders to stay in compliance with PDPA
Who should attend
Data Protection Officers and members of the data protection committee and all head of departments that is responsible for the collection, usage, disclosure and protection of personal data.
Key functions include Sales and Marketing, Operations, Human Resource, IT, Finance, Logistics, Workplace Safety and Health, Compliance and more must ensure compliance of the PDPA, if they collect, use and or share customer’s and or employees’ personal data.
Hence it is important that organisation demonstrate compliance by ensuring data protection policies and staff training are in place.
The workshop will incorporate various learning methods, including discussion on industry examples, interactive exercises and activities, and sharing of real PDPA cases.
Leslie Lim stands at the forefront of the fastest moving adult education industry. He spent the past five years transforming behaviours and mindset of his participants, providing them with a set of attributes to enhance and excel in their undertakings.
Being an assiduous adult educator, Leslie has championed the significance of continuous learning to his consumer customers; he has been awarded top 10 associate trainers by the Singapore Institute of Retail Studies in year 2014.
Following his passion in adult education, Leslie embarked onto consultancy works and training in Personal Data Protection Act. Leslie conducts PDPA compliance assessment/ training with businesses, review and provides follow up and corrective measures to his clientele to ensure compliance with the PDPA. Managing PDPA compliance is cross functional, and hence Leslie is familiar with processes of HR, Marketing, Operations, Finance, Administration, IT, Facility & Security.
Some of the organisation that has been trained by Leslie include The Polyolefin Company, Sumitomo Groups of Companies, One Degree 15 Marina Club, The Tanglin Club, Laguna Golf & Country Club, Best Denki, Richemont Luxury, The Chevron Club, Raffles Marina Club, Hotel Royal @ Queens, Metta Welfare Association, Sincere Watch Group, C Melchers, A*Star.
Throughout his 9-years tenure with Mobil Oil/ ExxonMobil, Leslie has built a reputation for achieving business objectives, incubating new operational models. Besides meeting sales objectives, he is also primarily responsible for hiring & recruitment, training & development, execution of workplace safety and health policies & procedures and loss prevention system.
Embracing the core values of integrity, innovation, and growth, Leslie is offered the opportunity to move on to the management of Cheers Holding (subsidiary of FairPrice) in 2007. He held the position of Area Manager, where his leadership is further extended to the responsibilities of guidance and supervision of clusters of convenience stores.
Leslie holds a Bachelor of Science (Honours) degree in Entrepreneurship and Management. He has also attained the Advance Certificate in Training and Assessment.
• 13 February 2020 (1st Run)
• S$ 450 per participant
• S$ 400 per participant for 2 participants from the same organisation
• S$ 350 per participant for 3 or more participants from the same organisation
Duration / Venue
• 9 am - 5 pm
• Hotel seminar room
• Coffee & tea with snacks during the morning and afternoon breaks
• Buffet lunch with vegetarian & halal options
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded at the end of the workshop.
Please use this form to register for our HRM SKILLS Workshops.
* Please note that the participant’s particulars will be shared with SSG (SkillsFuture Singapore) for the post-training TRAQOM (Training Quality and Outcome Measurement) survey.
STILL NOT SURE? CALL US
(65) 6337-7516 or 6338-8487, 9 am to 5 pm, Mondays to Fridays
You can register online for any of HRM SKILLS Workshops using the Registration Form or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
The information we require for email registration is as follows:
- Course Title & Date
- Participant's Full Name, NRIC/FIN, Email Address, Mobile Number
- Organisation, Company Name or Self-Sponsored
- Contact Person (If different from Participant)
- Contact Number