“No man (or woman) is an island” We do not exist or function alone. We live and work in a society or organization where we need to work with other people in order to get things done.
Most of us realize the need to be able to present well in front of others. Even more important than presenting well is being able to influence effectively. We often need to influence others to support our ideas or recommendations. We frequently need to influence others to come along with us when implementing a project or making a change. Influencing skills is a leadership skill that is important whether you are an employee, manager or the boss because very often, we need to gain the confidence and support of other employees, customers, suppliers or stakeholders that don’t report to us.
Whether you’re an individual contributor, people manager, project manager, team leader, HR or training manager, it is important to know the fundamentals and key principles of effective influencing.
This one day workshop will equip you with a holistic model of influence and focus on practicing the different influencing skills and strategies in order to become an effective influencer.
• Understand and appreciate what influence is and its importance.
• Understand and appreciate the PPC Influence model.
• Identify the difference and relationship between Pushing, Pulling and Connecting.
• Apply and practice the pushing and pulling influence strategies and techniques.
• Appreciate the foundations required for Connecting and apply the strategies for Connecting.
• Develop a personal action plan of influence.
I. What is Influence and Why is it Important
• Experiential exercise on the colors and sensations of influence.
• Influence, Collaboration, Resistance
II. PPC Influence Model
• What is Pushing (examples and exercise)?
• What is Pulling (examples and exercise)?
• What is Connecting (examples and exercise)?
• Relationship between Pushing, Pulling and Connecting
III. Influence strategies and techniques (Pushing)
• Exercises and discussion on different ways of Pushing.
• Presentation, Advocacy, Story Telling.
• Key principles of Effective Pushing.
IV. Influence strategies and techniques (Pulling)
• Exercises and discussion on different ways of Pushing.
• Art of Listening & Questioning.
• Key principles of Effective Pulling.
V. Influence strategies and techniques (Connecting)
• Key foundations for effective connecting
• Mindset & beliefs
• Communication styles
• Emotional Intelligence
• Exercises and practice of effective connecting
VI. Personal Action Plan
• Reflection, integration and synthesis of insights.
• Develop personal action plan of influence.
Who should attend
• Executives, Supervisors, Team Leaders, Managers, Human Resource professionals.
• Anyone who need to achieve results with and through others using influencing skills.
Chris Chew has 18 years of experience working in large multinationals like Shell, Motorola and Bunge and top local institutions. He has also had hands-on experience in IT management, project management, service and operations management, corporate training, consulting, organizational development, organizational learning and change management work. He was the Head of Organizational Development and Change at his previous organization where he helped to develop the learning culture, enhance employee engagement and strengthen the corporate culture.
Chris is currently an organizational learning & development consultant/practitioner helping schools, institutions of higher learning and organizations in developing the capability of their people. His passion and purpose is to help people be more effective motivated and fulfilled in what they do.
He has conducted and facilitated various workshops such as managing change and transition, team effectiveness, inter-team alignment, consulting skills, presentation skills, facilitation skills, leadership skills and design thinking, as well as large group events for company and management retreats. He is also the author of the book “Conversations About Success – What Matters and How to Achieve It”
Chris was the lead adjunct lecturer in Organizational Development and Change at a local University. He also lectured on Strategic HR Management and Business Management. He is also a certified DISC, I-OPT facilitator and ACTA certified trainer.
Chris holds a Master of Organizational Leadership (Leadership, Policy and Change) from Monash University, Australia as well as a Bachelor of Engineering (Hons) from Nanyang Technological University, Singapore.
• Date to be advised - 2nd Run
• S$ 450 per participant
• S$ 400 per participant for 2 participants from the same organisation
• S$ 350 per participant for 3 or more participants from the same organisation
• 9 am - 5 pm
• PIC Claimable for Company Sponsored Participants.
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded at the end of the workshop.
• Coffee & tea with snacks during the morning and afternoon breaks
• Buffet lunch with vegetarian & halal options
Please use this form to register for our HRM SKILLS Workshops.
STILL NOT SURE? CALL US
(65) 6337-7516 or 6338-8487, 9 am to 5 pm, Mondays to Fridays
You can register online for any of HRM SKILLS Workshops using the Registration Form or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
The information we require for email registration is as follows:
- Course Title & Date
- Participant's Full Name
- Organisation, Company Name or Self-Sponsored
- Contact Person (If different from Participant)
- Contact Number
Past Participants' Comments
• "The use of video clips was useful in illustrating certain points. The choice of video clips was also very appropriate and entertaining!"
• "The entire course was pretty useful."
Past Participant Organisations
• Biomedical Sciences Institutes, Credit Counselling Singapore Society, Science and Engineering Institutes.