How would you like to sound confident and enhance the effectiveness of telephone call handling? You can with proper planning, execution and follow up. Skills like active listening, effective note taking, rapport building, questioning techniques would enable you to be a professional.
• Project a professional image over the phone.
• Apply a structured approach towards handling telephone calls.
• Listen effectively to the needs of customers.
• Make good use of voice.
• Use LEARN steps of handling angry callers.
Benefits of Attending This Programme
• Increase confidence in handling telephone conversations.
• Build rapport with callers to offer better customer service.
• Take notes and listen effectively.
• Solve problems over the phone.
Who should attend
• Frontline staff
• Receptionists who need to handle phone calls effectively.
• Caller Expectations over the phone.
• Making callers feel welcome.
• Effective STAR listening technique.
• Going the extra mile to exceed expectations.
• Voice projection techniques to sound professional and confident.
• How to transfer, hold and handle phone calls.
• Making calls to get what you want.
• Skills to build rapport with customers.
• Effective telephone guidelines.
What questions does this programme provide answers to:
• How do I make callers feel welcome?
• How do I take notes and listen effectively?
• How do I sound confident over the phone?
• How do I transfer and hold calls?
• How do I build rapport over the phone?
• How do I project a professional image over the phone?
To encourage transfer of learning in the workplace environment, the programme incorporates:
• Interactive discussions and exercises
• Skills practice
Susan Fong brings with her more than 20 years of working experience in the field of Human Resource Management and Development. Her experience spans across industries like telecommunications, market research, information technology and healthcare. She was holding managerial positions in various organisations and her last position was Senior Manager, Learning and Development, in a local large organisation.
Susan conducts various programmes, ranging from personal development to leadership. She has conducted programmes on Leadership Development, Competency-Based Interview and teambuilding. She is also certified as a DISC Behavioural Consultant, NLP Practitioner and WSQ-ESS programme facilitator.
Having been in the role of a Senior Human Resource Practitioner with management responsibilities, Susan has leadership and facilitation experience. As such, she is able to share and impart her knowledge and experience in areas like interviewing skills, performance management and people management. She has conducted numerous training sessions for organisations such as ACNielsen Research, Tan Tock Seng Hospital, Parkway Health, Starhub, Sanmina-SCI, John Wiley and Sons, NTUC First Campus, DTZ, Jurong Port and more.
Her passion lies in being able to contribute to improving the competencies of her participants through interactive sessions. She firmly believes that competent people make a big and positive difference to the organisation.
Susan holds a Bachelor of Business in Business Administration (Distinction Award) and also a Graduate Diploma in Personnel Management (Bronze Award). She is also certified in Advanced Certificate in Training and Assessment (ACTA).
• Date to be advised - 5th Run
• S$ 450 per participant
• S$ 400 per participant for 2 participants from the same organisation
• S$ 350 per participant for 3 or more participants from the same organisation
• 9 am - 5 pm
• Coffee & tea with snacks during the morning and afternoon breaks
• Buffet lunch with vegetarian & halal options
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded at the end of the workshop.
Please use this form to register for our HRM SKILLS Workshops.
STILL NOT SURE? CALL US
(65) 6337-7516 or 6338-8487, 9 am to 5 pm, Mondays to Fridays
You can register online for any of HRM SKILLS Workshops using the Registration Form or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
The information we require for email registration is as follows:
- Course Title & Date
- Participant's Full Name
- Organisation, Company Name or Self-Sponsored
- Contact Person (If different from Participant)
- Contact Number
Past Participants' Comments
• "Every part of the course was useful to me!" – Anna Low, Nera Telecommunications Ltd
• "Good for Customer Services."
Past Participant Organisations
• Aberdeen Asset Management Asia, Agricultural Bank of China, Al-Falah Mosque, Allegro Development Asia, Arcapita.
• Beijing 101 Hair Consultants, Braid Logistics Asia.
• CapitaLand, Celanese Singapore, Chungco Technology, Civil Aviation Authority of Singapore, Concepts Golf Management, Confucius Institute, NTU, Cortina Watch, Counselling and Care Centre, Covance, Credit Counselling Singapore Society, Crowcon Detection Instruments.
• Edgen Murray, Educare Enrichment (S).
• Fortuna Scientific, Francois Marine Services.
• Garmco (S), GRID Communications.
• Hitachi Plant Technologies, Ho Lee Construction, Home Nursing Foundation, Housing & Development Board, Hwa Chong Institution - High School, Hwa Chong Institution Boarding School, Hwa Chong Institution.
• IFS Capital, IKANO, IMC Shipping Co., Integra Holdings, International Enterprise Singapore, Italmec Industries (S), ITE College Central (Bishan Campus).
• James Walker Singapore, Jardine OneSolution (2001), Jurong Police Division HQ.
• KB Associates, Keppel Corporation, Knight Auto Precision Engineering, Kupps & Sachs.
• Learning Point, Les Amis, LSH Industrial Solutions.
• Maritec Maritime and Port Authority of Singapore, Media Development Authority, Ministry of Community Development, Youth and Sports, Ministry of Education, Ministry of Manpower, Mondial Assistance (Asia), Monetary Authority of Singapore, MSIG Holdings (Asia), MTL Instruments.
• Nanyang Technological University, National Council of Social Service, National Skin Centre, National University Hospita,l NEC Asia, Nera Telecommunications, NTUC Fairprice Co-Operative, NUSS .
• OCBC Bank, OCBC Securities, Offshore Construction Services.
• Pal-Link Construction, Parliament of Singapore, Performance Motors, PerkinElmer Singapore.
• Research In Motion Singapore, Roxy-Pacific Holdings.
• SABIC Asia Pacific, SAE Institute, ShareInvestor, Singapore Children's Society, Singapore Cricket Club, Singapore Petroleum Company, Singapore Prison Service, Singapore Workforce Development Agency, SpecTec Asia Pacific, Stone Forest IT, Swiss School Association, Swissotel Merchant Court.
• Temasek Polytechnic, Tenet Insurance Company, The Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ, Transocean Eastern, Turner & Townsend, TÜV SÜD PSB.
• VICOM Inspection Centre.
• Watkins Syndicate S'pore, Woha Architects.
• Zone Telecom.