This one-day workshop will equip participants with the skills to understand challenging customer behaviors and deal with them effectively.
This one-day workshop will equip participants with the skills to understand challenging customer behaviors and deal with them effectively. The workshop will be conducted in a highly interactive and participative environment that uses real-life case stories, examples and scenarios to get participants to think and apply different strategies to handle difficult customers.
• Examine what causes people to be difficult and assess if customers are difficult for a reason.
• Analyze their own state and determine the approach towards dealing with difficult customers.
• Identify different difficult customer behaviors.
• Demonstrate effective strategies for dealing with each type of difficult customers.
• Apply empathetic listening and questioning to resolve issues.
I. Customer Response and Behavior Patterns
• Identify the various reasons, which lead to angry and dissatisfied customers.
• Learn to interpret human behavior effectively so as to deal with difficult situations.
II. Managing Self Emotional State
• How to handle difficult customers professionally.
• Ability to possess a positive mindset and to demonstrate verbal and non-verbal-communication to near perfection.
III. Types of Difficult Customers
• Understanding the behaviors of various difficult customers.
• Developing skills to handle different type of difficult customers.
IV. Empathetic Listening and Questioning Skills
• Importance of empathy in handling difficult customers.
• Developing empathetic listening skills.
• Using questioning skills to determine issues of the customers.
V. Defusing Techniques for Dealing with Difficult Customers
• Strategies to deal with different difficult customer behaviors.
• Apply consequential thinking to a response and its impact on customers.
Who should attend
• Customer Service Personnel.
• Customer Support Managers and Executives.
• Service Agents.
• Front-line service staff as well as staff in back-up and support roles.
• Anyone who need to deal with customers in their day-to-day work.
Carina Tien has over 20 years of corporate experiences in various multinational companies. Her experience and exposure include customer relations, human resources, training & development, sales administration, secretarial, advertising and business development.
Carina is a Certified Corporate Trainer specializes in communication skills training and an expert in voice coaching. Her areas of focus include Business Etiquette, Problem Solving, Conflict Management, Interpersonal Skills, Assertive Skills, Goal Setting and Personal Effectiveness, Customer Service and Handling Difficult People/Customers. She has conducted numerous workshops for both MNCs and SMEs in the past years and had been interviewed in the media such as Singapore’s News Radio 93.8 Live and Pop Radio Station 933. Carina also contributes articles to the Straits Times Career Guide.
A powerful presenter, Carina takes keen interest in research and development of workshops, keeping in mind participants’ various organizational behaviours and work habits. Her conviction with regard to potential in every human being to excel beyond his imagination is very strong and forms the basis of her training. The key to success is the belief in ourselves. She evokes a positive self-response within individuals so that they start believing in their own capabilities. It gives her immense pleasure to witness her audience’s paradigm shift during and after the workshops. Her mission in life is to assist individuals to flourish and progress even during extreme stress and adverse circumstances and to be a source of positivity and inspiration for the community and colleagues around them.
Carina has a Degree in Business & Human Resource Management. She also has Diplomas in Communication Studies, Advertising, Business Administration, Image Consulting, and in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL), as well as a Professional Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, a Certificate in Practical Counseling as well as an Advanced Certificate In Training & Assessment (ACTA).
Carina is a Certified Master Life Coach and NLP Practitioner and is effectively bilingual in English, Mandarin and local dialects.
- 26 April 2018 - 6th Run - Confirmed
- S$ 450 per participant
- S$ 400 per participant for 2 participants from the same organisation
- S$ 350 per participant for 3 or more participants from the same organisation
- 9 am - 5 pm
- Skills Connect WDA Reference CRS-N-0026078.
- Skills Future Credit for Self-Sponsored Singaporeans aged 25 and above.
- A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded at the end of the workshop.
- Coffee & tea with snacks during the morning and afternoon breaks
- Buffet lunch with vegetarian & halal options
Please use this form to register for our HRM SKILLS Workshops.
STILL NOT SURE? CALL US
(65) 6337-7516 or 6338-8487, 9 am to 5 pm, Mondays to Fridays
You can register online for any of HRM SKILLS Workshops using the Registration Form or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
The information we require for email registration is as follows:
- Course Title & Date
- Participant's Full Name
- Organisation, Company Name or Self-Sponsored
- Contact Person (If different from Participant)
- Contact Number
Past Participants' Comments
• "Workshop is well organised, the case studies are appropriate to use in my work!".
• "Excellent trainer" - Joel Tan, Aviva
Past Participant Organisations
• 8 Bar, Addcel Engineering, Aviva.
• Building and Construction Authority.
• Credit Counselling Singapore.
• Eltra Aeronautics (S).
• Imtech Marine Singapore.
• Keppel FELS, Kraus & Naimer.
• Lonpac Insurance.
• Ministry of Education.
• Ngee Ann Polytechnic.
• Outward Bound Singapore c/o People’s Association.
• POLWEL Co-operative Society.
• Singapore Children's Society, Star Pest Control, Sesotec.
• The Bank of Nova Scotia, Toll Offshore Petroleum Services, The Polliwogs.
• Vital, MOF.