Effective leadership brings about results and commitment.
Leadership is important in today's competitive world because it is a key differentiator – effective leadership brings about results, commitment and organizational knowledge. Yet most of us are thrust into leadership positions without an idea of what it takes to be a leader.
This one day workshop is an introduction to the key essentials of what it takes to be a leader. It covers the spectrum of scenarios and roles which leaders will face, and introduces core skills for direct leadership – to engage, influence and motivate team members.
Based on 26 years of on-the-ground leadership experience, the workshop is a hands-on to what works, what doesn't.
• Three key pillars of good leadership.
• Roles of a leader.
• Ways to sharpen the leader’s listening skills.
• The TRUST Equation.
• Anatomy of difficult conversations.
• Methods and tools to engage, influence and motivate team members.
The workshop is practice-oriented, and involves fun and engaging experiential learning.
Participants will share their individual experiences, from which methodologies and tools will be introduced for targeted intervention:
• Who me? A leader? Yes You!
• How do leaders lead? Difference between Manager and Leader.
• The demands on a leader.
• "You are not listening!" three levels of listening skills.
• Trust – how to gain it and keep it.
• Difficult conversations – what's said, what's not said.
• From defensive conversation to generative conversation
Who should attend
• Managers/Leaders at all levels, who are interested in being effective in delivering results, commitment and growth.
Tan Hong Wee is a Leadership Development consultant and trainer, with 26 years leadership experience in the Republic of Singapore Navy. He was commander of two naval combat ships, as well as Squadron Commander of the largest squadron. Having excelled as a leader, he was selected to join the SAF Centre for Leadership Development, where he developed the structure, curriculum and content to groom leaders in the workplace. This was where he pioneered Systems Thinking throughout SAF and designed the Team Effectiveness Process.
Hong Wee left in 2013 to set up his own Leadership and Organisation Development Consultancy firm. He is well grounded in organisational learning, coaching, facilitation and team dynamics tools and methodologies. He conducts regular Systems Thinking, Team Effectiveness, Coaching and Facilitation workshops for several national institutes.
Hong Wee is a published author (Leader As Coach, Leader As Facilitator) – which is written specifically for leaders in the Asian workplace. He is planning another book on Systems Thinking.
Hong Wee obtained his Bachelor’s degree in Cambridge University (UK) and his Master’s from Naval Postgraduate School (USA). He is also a Certified Coach.
• 16 April 2019 (3rd Run)
• S$ 450 per participant
• S$ 400 per participant for 2 participants from the same organisation
• S$ 350 per participant for 3 or more participants from the same organisation
• 9 am - 5 pm
• Coffee & tea with snacks during the morning and afternoon breaks
• Buffet lunch with vegetarian & halal options
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded at the end of the workshop.
Please use this form to register for our HRM SKILLS Workshops.
STILL NOT SURE? CALL US
(65) 6337-7516 or 6338-8487, 9 am to 5 pm, Mondays to Fridays
You can register online for any of HRM SKILLS Workshops using the Registration Form or send an email to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
The information we require for email registration is as follows:
- Course Title & Date
- Participant's Full Name
- Organisation, Company Name or Self-Sponsored
- Contact Person (If different from Participant)
- Contact Number
Past Participants' Comments
• "Workshop has been fun and interesting as the trainer has demonstrated that he ‘walks the talk’. Not boring but presented in a practical manner!"
• "It is good!" - Teo Chee Wan, Singapore Police Force
• "Adequate illustrations and usage of tools by trainer as well as discussions on experiences, video material to help participants to understand the course." - Muhammad Mahfudz Bun Mahadi, Singapore Police Force
• "Interesting workshop which kept me awake throughout the day. A lot of discussions in this session." - Angeline Soh, Century Tokyo Leasing Singapore Pte Ltd
Past Participant Organisations
• Bangkok Bank Public Company Limited.
• Century Tokyo Leasing (Singapore).
• Fuji Oil (Singapore).
• National Institute of Education.
• Republic Polytechnic.
• Singapore Children’s Society, Singapore Police Force, Safran Electronics & Defense Services Asia, Singapore Children’s Society.