Walk away with new ideas or approaches that exceed your expectations.
All sales leaders or successfully sales professionals will eventually move into management positions. The role of a Sales Manager is the vital key ingredient to the success of a sales organization. The impact is very significant to the success or survival of an organization.
If you don’t manage the sales team and lead them in the right direction, the whole organization can fall apart. Managing a sales team is not easy and leading them to achieve is even harder as most often than not you have to execute with a given strategy and produce results defined by people who are higher up in the management.
In this one day workshop, whether you are new to this role or a seasoned professional, you will walk away with new ideas or approaches that exceed your expectations.
• Understanding the roles of a sales manager.
• Developing the competencies of a successful sales manager.
• Managing self Versus managing a sales team.
• Motivating a sales team effectively.
• Sales process management.
• Road map to success.
Who should attend
• Executives, Managers
• Administrative Personnel
• Anyone who need to correspond through emails for work purposes
I. Roles of Sales Manager
• Behind every successful sales team is the Sales Manager.
• No one like to be managed - dos and don’ts of a Sales Manager.
• Recruiting and hiring the right sales person.
• Effective planning and setting realistic sales targets for the sales team.
• Fostering effective communication among team and with other departments.
II. Understanding the key attributes of a successful sales person
• Identifying and attracting successful people to join your organization.
• Strategies to retain the successful salesperson.
• Developing salespeople's belief in the company and products.
III. Becoming a successful sales manager
• You do not have to be a top salesperson to be a top sales manager.
• How the manager should work with each sales person.
• Building team members’ sales competencies.
• Leading, motivating and coaching sales people.
• Delegating effectively.
IV. Collective approach to sales management process
• Avoidance of over-managing and under-leading a sales team.
• Structural approach and step by step process of managing an effective sales team.
• Creating a balance between rule making and autonomy.
• Reward and discipline, managing and counseling weak or poor performance.
William Wong had worked in two of the largest insurance companies in the world and possess 23 years of in-depth experiences covering the various aspects of sale & marketing, channel management, turn-key projects, process improvement, start-up operation and business transformation.
William is well versed in the field of sales management and he is equally adapted in running process improvement projects utilizing 6 Sigma methodology. With various key appointments in sales and process improvement projects in his tenure, spanning Singapore, Hong Kong, Korea and Thailand, some highlights of William’s illustrious career include; generated annual turnover from $50m to $250m within 20 years, helped grow the sales force to be the largest in the country through aggressive recruitment drives and creative marketing campaigns, doubled the productivity of sale force through productivity improvement and training programs, revamped and reengineered the backroom operation processes and helped save $0.5m in operation cost.
William was the workshop leader for sales managers’ conference, company spokesman in recruitment seminar for new agents, keynotes speaker for company’s seminars and trainer for leadership and sales management programs.
Graduated with a degree in Business Administration from the National University of Singapore in 1985, William is also a certified financial planner, trained 6 Sigma Greenbelt, and ACTA certified Trainer and Assessor.
• 17 July 2018 - 2nd Run
• S$ 450 per participant
• S$ 400 per participant for 2 participants from the same organisation
• S$ 350 per participant for 3 or more participants from the same organisation
• 9 am - 5 pm
• Skills Connect WDA Reference CRS-N-0031688.
• Skills Future Credit for Self-Sponsored Singaporeans aged 25 and above.
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded at the end of the workshop.
• Coffee & tea with snacks during the morning and afternoon breaks
• Buffet lunch with vegetarian & halal options
Please use this form to register for our HRM SKILLS Workshops.
STILL NOT SURE? CALL US
(65) 6337-7516 or 6338-8487, 9 am to 5 pm, Mondays to Fridays
You can register online for any of HRM SKILLS Workshops using the Registration Form or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
The information we require for email registration is as follows:
- Course Title & Date
- Participant's Full Name
- Organisation, Company Name or Self-Sponsored
- Contact Person (If different from Participant)
- Contact Number
Past Participants' Comments
Past Participant Organisations
• Coilcraft Singapore
• Schottel Far East
• TYT Corporation
• U Distribution