This course helps participants prepare and conduct win-win business negotiations, using different negotiation styles and skills.
Effective negotiation is a skill and it can be learned. The aim of win-win negotiation is to find a solution that is acceptable to both parties and in order to do that, you will need to have a number of key strategies and tactics.
This course introduces participants to a systematic approach to preparing and conducting negotiations, using different negotiation styles and applying the negotiation skills to their business situations.
• To help participants understand what happens in a negotiation process.
• To explore the underlying behaviors when dealing with a negotiation.
• To identify methods of effective communication in the negotiation process and be able to successfully implement these methods.
• To enable participants a chance to practice the skills and knowledge through various practical exercises.
I. The Negotiation Process
• What is Negotiation?
• Key Elements of Negotiation
• Negotiation Planning (Discovery, Bargaining, Trading, Commitment)
II. Type of Negotiation Styles
• Various Types of Negotiation Styles
• Core Negotiation Skills (Target Point, BATNA, Point, Negotiating Range)
III. Communication Skills in Negotiation
• Verbal/Non-verbal Communication
• The Art of Listening
• Behaviours in Negotiation
• Types of Communication Style in Negotiation
• Conflict Resolution
IV. Emotional Intelligence
• Types and Characteristics of Various Emotions
• Managing your Emotional Intelligence
Who should attend
• Anyone responsible for negotiating internally or externally within the company.
Carina Tien has over 20 years of corporate experiences in various multinational companies. Her experience and exposure include customer relations, human resources, training & development, sales administration, secretarial, advertising and business development.
Carina is a Certified Corporate Trainer specializes in communication skills training and an expert in voice coaching. Her areas of focus include Business Etiquette, Problem Solving, Conflict Management, Interpersonal Skills, Assertive Skills, Goal Setting and Personal Effectiveness, Customer Service and Handling Difficult People/Customers. She has conducted numerous workshops for both MNCs and SMEs in the past years and had been interviewed in the media such as Singapore’s News Radio 93.8 Live and Pop Radio Station 933. Carina also contributes articles to the Straits Times Career Guide.
A powerful presenter, Carina takes keen interest in research and development of workshops, keeping in mind participants’ various organizational behaviours and work habits. Her conviction with regard to potential in every human being to excel beyond his imagination is very strong and forms the basis of her training. The key to success is the belief in ourselves. She evokes a positive self-response within individuals so that they start believing in their own capabilities. It gives her immense pleasure to witness her audience’s paradigm shift during and after the workshops. Her mission in life is to assist individuals to flourish and progress even during extreme stress and adverse circumstances and to be a source of positivity and inspiration for the community and colleagues around them.
Carina has a Degree in Business & Human Resource Management. She also has Diplomas in Communication Studies, Advertising, Business Administration, Image Consulting, and in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL), as well as a Professional Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, a Certificate in Practical Counseling as well as an Advanced Certificate In Training & Assessment (ACTA).
Carina is a Certified Master Life Coach and NLP Practitioner and is effectively bilingual in English, Mandarin and local dialects.
• 12 April 2019 (2nd Run)
• S$ 450 per participant
• S$ 400 per participant for 2 participants from the same organisation
• S$ 350 per participant for 3 or more participants from the same organisation
• 9 am - 5 pm
• Coffee & tea with snacks during the morning and afternoon breaks
• Buffet lunch with vegetarian & halal options
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded at the end of the workshop.
Please use this form to register for our HRM SKILLS Workshops.
STILL NOT SURE? CALL US
(65) 6337-7516 or 6338-8487, 9 am to 5 pm, Mondays to Fridays
You can register online for any of HRM SKILLS Workshops using the Registration Form or send an email to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
The information we require for email registration is as follows:
- Course Title & Date
- Participant's Full Name
- Organisation, Company Name or Self-Sponsored
- Contact Person (If different from Participant)
- Contact Number
Past Participants' Comments
• "Very interesting topics!"
• "Trainer able to make the training interesting"
Past Participant Organisations
• National Environment Agency.
• QST Dental, QST Technologies.
• Republic Polytechnic.
• Singapore Corporation of Rehabilitative Enterprises, Smile Concept Dental Practice, STMicroelectronics Asia Pacific.