We are all faced with problems and have to make decisions on a daily basis. To solve problems effectively, we need to drill down through the symptoms to the underlying causes. Problem solving involves both analytical and creative skills.
This one day program allows participants to learn the fundamentals of problem solving skills, which include defining the root problem, analyzing the problem, selecting and developing a solution as well as evaluating the implemented solution.
Participants will have the opportunity to apply the techniques learn to real problems which can be applied on their job.
• Define a problem in detail before starting to resolve it.
• Find the root cause of a problem before investing in expensive solutions.
• Develop and evaluate solutions to resolve a problem.
• Develop a set of well-balanced criteria for evaluating of options.
• Ask incisive questions to collect and analyze information.
Participants completing the course will be able to:
• Anticipate and identify problems
• Verify and collect information in order to identify exact problem
• Analyze a problem ad know the differences between symptoms, causes and effects of problems
• Facilitate group effort to resolve the problem through effective generation of ideas
• Evaluate and produce alternative solutions to solve the problems
• Use logical reasoning or creative problem solving techniques to solve the problem
• Make decisions and take responsibility for decisions that will effectively solve the problem
• Review the implemented solutions
I. How Does Problem Occur?
• Differentiate between a change, deviation from the norm or standard operating procedures (SOPs) and a problem
• Identify symptoms(s) that could lead to potential problem(s) relating to equipment, workplace process, or SOPs
• Detect the problem(s) using observation of deviations from norm and logical deduction
II. Information Gathering
• Filter away related information received
• Established the soundness and correctness of the information gathered
• Analyze the information gathered to determine the real nature of the perceived problem
• Pinpoint the exact problem using elimination process, objective reasoning or process questioning
III. Identify the Root Cause of the Problem
• Encourage creativity among team members in generating ideas to solve the problem
• Employ active listening skills
• Maintain focus and direction of idea generation process
• Select two to three most viable ideas
IV. Identity the Strengths and Limitations of Individual Selected Ideas
• Identify likely impact of selected ideas on workplace ecology
• Make comparisons between each selected ideas for both the value and impact components
• Consider risks associated with alternatives
• Selection of preferred solution
• Manage conflicting opinions arising out of discussion
• Draw up comprehensive implementation plan
V. Gather Feedback From Relevant Sources
• Analyze information obtained from feedback
• Evaluate effectiveness of the implemented solution
• Formulate modification(s) where necessary
• Draw up process to execute modification plan
• Monitor and review effectiveness of modification plan
Who should attend
• This workshop is meant for all Executives and Supervisors who wish to enhance their Problem-Solving and Decision-Making techniques.
Carina Tien has over 20 years of corporate experiences in various multinational companies. Her experience and exposure include customer relations, human resources, training & development, sales administration, secretarial, advertising and business development.
Carina is a Certified Corporate Trainer specializes in communication skills training and an expert in voice coaching. Her areas of focus include Business Etiquette, Problem Solving, Conflict Management, Interpersonal Skills, Assertive Skills, Goal Setting and Personal Effectiveness, Customer Service and Handling Difficult People/Customers. She has conducted numerous workshops for both MNCs and SMEs in the past years and had been interviewed in the media such as Singapore’s News Radio 93.8 Live and Pop Radio Station 933. Carina also contributes articles to the Straits Times Career Guide.
A powerful presenter, Carina takes keen interest in research and development of workshops, keeping in mind participants’ various organizational behaviours and work habits. Her conviction with regard to potential in every human being to excel beyond his imagination is very strong and forms the basis of her training. The key to success is the belief in ourselves. She evokes a positive self-response within individuals so that they start believing in their own capabilities. It gives her immense pleasure to witness her audience’s paradigm shift during and after the workshops. Her mission in life is to assist individuals to flourish and progress even during extreme stress and adverse circumstances and to be a source of positivity and inspiration for the community and colleagues around them.
Carina received her Degree in Business & Human Resource Management from UK. She also processes Diploma in Communication Studies, Diploma in Advertising, Diploma in Business Administration, Diploma in Image Consulting, Diploma in Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Diploma in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL), Professional Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Certificate in Practical Counseling as well as an Advanced Certificate In Training & Assessment (ACTA).
Carina is a Certified Master Life Coach and NLP Practitioner and is effectively bilingual in English, Mandarin and local dialects.
• 8 October 2019 (1st Run)
• S$ 450 per participant
• S$ 400 per participant for 2 participants from the same organisation
• S$ 350 per participant for 3 or more participants from the same organisation
Duration / Venue
• 9 am - 5 pm
• Hotel seminar room
• Coffee & tea with snacks during the morning and afternoon breaks
• Buffet lunch with vegetarian & halal options
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded at the end of the workshop.
Please use this form to register for our HRM SKILLS Workshops.
* Please note that the participant’s particulars will be shared with SSG (SkillsFuture Singapore) for the post-training TRAQOM (Training Quality and Outcome Measurement) survey.
STILL NOT SURE? CALL US
(65) 6337-7516 or 6338-8487, 9 am to 5 pm, Mondays to Fridays
You can register online for any of HRM SKILLS Workshops using the Registration Form or send an email to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
The information we require for email registration is as follows:
- Course Title & Date
- Participant's Full Name, NRIC/FIN, Email Address, Mobile Number
- Organisation, Company Name or Self-Sponsored
- Contact Person (If different from Participant)
- Contact Number