Project management can be a complex, daunting, and time-consuming undertaking. It demands a systematic approach and a combination of essential key factors to render the undertaking a success.
Whether you are a project sponsor, project manager, project lead or team member, learning the methodology of project management empowers everyone involve in a project to speak the same project management language. This, in turn, can lead to a more effective, efficient, and cohesive project team.
Projects may require heavy financial and manpower commitments. Learning the science of project management can mitigate unnecessary wastage and optimize the precious resources.
This one-day fundamental course will focus on a structured project management approach and a few key essentials. Participants are strongly encouraged to bring along their actual project to put their learning into application. Participants can expect to walk away more enabled to manage projects proficiently.
• Appreciate the importance of a structured approach to Project Management
• Learn to define a project
• Learn to plan a project
• Learn to execute a project
• Learn to close a project
• Learn 3 essentials of project management
• Put into practice the basics of project management
1. What constitutes a project
- Discuss what constitutes a project based on participants’ understanding and experience
- Understand what project management is not
2. The importance of being structured in Project Management
- Understand and accept the need for a structured-approach in project management
3. Introduction to the four phases of Project Management
- Phase 1 Project Definition
- Phase 2 Project Planning
- Phase 3 Project Execution
- Phase 4 Project Closure
4. Phase 1 Project Definition
5. Phase 2 Project Planning
6. Phase 3 Project Execution
7. Phase 4 Project Closure
8. Check understanding of Project Management
- Spot mistakes made in real project cases
9. Introduction to the three Essentials of Project Management
- Essential I Effective Meetings
- Essential II Process Facilitation
- Essential III Performance Contracts
10. Essential I Effective meetings
- Organize effective meetings to eliminate delay in project milestones
11. Essential II Process Facilitation
- Effective facilitation to elicit productive ideas, highlight blind spots and overcome potential obstacles/challenges
12. Essential III Performance Contract
- Getting management commitment and safeguarding your performance
Who should attend
• Anyone embarking on or is involved in a project – Managers, Engineers, Supervisors and executives from Procurement/Operations/IT/HR/Facility/Finance
• Group Discussion
• Case studies
Benefits of Attending This Course
• Learn a structured approach in managing projects so as to avoid unnecessary delays in project which otherwise can incur additional costs to the project
• Learn a common methodology and language so that a project team can function more effectively
• Apply learning points in to actual project under a guided environment
What questions this training programme provides answers to:
• What is project management?
• How to manage projects effectively and efficiently?
• How to avoid potential pitfalls in project management?
• How to get a project team work more cohesively?
• What other essentials are needed in additional to project management methodology in order for a project to be successful?
Philip Lee has over 28 years of working experience in the American MNCs, namely Texas Instruments Singapore and Micron Semiconductor Asia Pte Ltd. He has held the positions of a Master Structured Teamwork Facilitator, Training and People Development Manager, Organization and Workforce Development Manager, Materials Operations Manager, and Manufacturing Quality Manager.
At the national level, Philip Lee is a veteran assessor. He has amassed over 13 years of assessment experience under different national frameworks such as Business Excellence National Lead Assessor, Singapore Productivity Award National Assessor and Businesses for Family Mark/We Welcome Families Award National Assessor,
With over 20 years of experiences in training, facilitation and organization development, his participants often describe him to be captivating, passionate, focus, engaging, and outcome-based. Philip’s forte is in the areas of fundamental leadership, problem-solving & decision-making, team-working, effective meeting skills, creativity, conflict management, facilitation skills, communication & interpersonal relationship, performance appraisal, service leadership, project management, inter alia. He has facilitated 1500 hours of training delivery that benefited more than 5400 participants from all levels of staff and from all walks of life. Philip has also earned an ‘Outstanding Life Coach’ recognition from the-then MCYS ‘Save the Children’ program.
Coupled with his national assessment experience which means he is familiar with the best practices in the industry, Philip brings a wealth of knowledge for learning and sharing.
Philip possesses a Master of Science in Training, Bachelor of Science in double Physics, Diploma in Personnel Management and Advanced Certificate in Training and Assessment. He is also a Certified Professional Facilitator & Trainer, Advanced Certified Behavioral Coach and Master Facilitator of Structured Teamwork.
• 20 March 2020 (1st Run)
• S$ 450 per participant
• S$ 400 per participant for 2 participants from the same organisation
• S$ 350 per participant for 3 or more participants from the same organisation
• 9 am - 5 pm
• Skills Connect Reference CRS-N-0049597.
• Skills Future Credit for Self-Sponsored Singaporeans aged 25 and above.
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded at the end of the workshop.
• Coffee & tea with snacks during the morning and afternoon breaks
• Buffet lunch with vegetarian & halal options
Please use this form to register for our HRM SKILLS Workshops.
* Please note that the participant’s particulars will be shared with SSG (SkillsFuture Singapore) for the post-training TRAQOM (Training Quality and Outcome Measurement) survey.
STILL NOT SURE? CALL US
(65) 6337-7516 or 6338-8487, 9 am to 5 pm, Mondays to Fridays
You can register online for any of HRM SKILLS Workshops using the Registration Form or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
The information we require for email registration is as follows:
- Course Title & Date
- Participant's Full Name, NRIC/FIN, Email Address, Mobile Number
- Organisation, Company Name or Self-Sponsored
- Contact Person (If different from Participant)
- Contact Number