This course provides participants with strong leadership skills, like delegating tasks, leading teams, decision making and much more.
Transiting from individual contributor to supervisory role requires a new set of knowledge and skills. Why take the long, hard rocky road of trial and error to supervisory success when you can jump-start your skills in just one day? It's important that you are equipped with the skills required to ensure your team is productive and motivated to perform at their highest level.
Anyone who supervises others, especially those who are new to supervising/managing, will benefit from our 1-day course developed for managers and supervisors. This course provides you with strong leadership skills, like delegating tasks to others, leading teams, communicating effectively, giving feedback, problem solving and decision making and much more. You would have greater confidence in managing and motivating teams that achieve organizational goals and are engaged at work.
• Apply management and leadership roles and responsibilities.
• Build a high performance teams.
• Manage team strategically.
• Give constructive feedback and engaging staff conversations.
• Delegate tasks to the right person in the right way
• Engage and motivate staff
• Conduct effective meetings
• Identify role of manager and leader.
• Understand Life Cycle of Teams and use GSPRR model to build high performance teams.
• Apply Let's TALK approach to staff conversations that brings engagement and results.
• Apply Time Management Matrix to manage team priorities.
• Use SWOT analysis to achieve team vision.
• Acquire the Art of Delegation – knowing who, what and how to delegate.
• Apply Leadership styles and techniques to motivate and engage staff.
• 5 steps to conducting effective meetings.
Who should attend
• Team Supervisors
• Managers who want to achieve great results by engaging and developing the team members
Susan Fong brings with her more than 20 years of working experience in the field of Human Resource Management and Development. Her experience spans across industries like telecommunications, market research, information technology and healthcare. She was holding managerial positions in various organisations and her last position was Senior Manager, Learning and Development, in a local large organisation.
Susan conducts various programmes, ranging from personal development to leadership. She has conducted programmes on Leadership Development, Competency-Based Interview and teambuilding. She is also certified as a DISC Behavioural Consultant, NLP Practitioner and WSQ-ESS programme facilitator.
Having been in the role of a Senior Human Resource Practitioner with management responsibilities, Susan has leadership and facilitation experience. As such, she is able to share and impart her knowledge and experience in areas like interviewing skills, performance management and people management. She has conducted numerous training sessions for organisations such as ACNielsen Research, Tan Tock Seng Hospital, Parkway Health, Starhub, Sanmina-SCI, John Wiley and Sons, NTUC First Campus, DTZ, Jurong Port and more.
Her passion lies in being able to contribute to improving the competencies of her participants through interactive sessions. She firmly believes that competent people make a big and positive difference to the organisation.
Susan holds a Bachelor of Business in Business Administration (Distinction Award) and also a Graduate Diploma in Personnel Management (Bronze Award). She is also certified in Advanced Certificate in Training and Assessment (ACTA).
• 1 November 2018 (2nd Run) - Confirmed
• S$ 450 per participant
• S$ 400 per participant for 2 participants from the same organisation
• S$ 350 per participant for 3 or more participants from the same organisation
Duration / Venue
• 9 am - 5 pm
• Hotel Grand Pacific Singapore
• Skills Connect WDA Reference CRS-N-0000927.
• Skills Future Credit for Self-Sponsored Singaporeans aged 25 and above.
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded at the end of the workshop.
• Coffee & tea with snacks during the morning and afternoon breaks
• Buffet lunch with vegetarian & halal options
Please use this form to register for our HRM SKILLS Workshops.
STILL NOT SURE? CALL US
(65) 6337-7516 or 6338-8487, 9 am to 5 pm, Mondays to Fridays
You can register online for any of HRM SKILLS Workshops using the Registration Form or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
The information we require for email registration is as follows:
- Course Title & Date
- Participant's Full Name
- Organisation, Company Name or Self-Sponsored
- Contact Person (If different from Participant)
- Contact Number
Past Participants' Comments
Past Participant Organisations
• A & T Freight Management, ACRA, Aspacio Design Associates, Atacora, At-Sunrice GlobalChef Academy, AVA Insurance Brokers Pte Ltd.
• Bausch & Lomb, Bishan-Toa Payoh Town Council.
• Central Provident Fund Board, Centros Life Science, Conversant.
• Defence Science & Technology Agency.
• Etiqa Insurance Bhd.
• Fiserv (ASPAC), Flowserve, FMD Management Consultants, Francois Marine Services, Fuji Oil (Singapore) Pte Ltd, Fusion Consulting Singapore, Fusion Cosmetics.
• Heraeus Materials Singapore, Hwa Chong Institution.
• Interbrand, ISS Facility Services, ITE College Central.
• JANCO Aviation.
• Kulicke & Soffa.
• Lawton & Yeo Design Associates, LINTEC Singapore, LVMH F & C (S).
• Ministry of Education, Ministry of Environment and Water Resources, MKS Logistics, MOL, MSIG Holdings.
• Navig8 Asia, Ngee Ann Polytechnic, Nu Skin Enterprises Singapore.
• Onehub Tank Coating, OSA Valve Services.
• PDS International, People's Association, Petrojaya, Pokka Corporation, PT Bank Negara Indonesia (Persero) Tbk, Singapore, Public Service Division, Prime Minister’s Office.
• Quest Vacation International, QuestNet.
• Recording Industry Performance Singapore, Republic Polytechnic, Rodalink (S), Roxy-Pacific Holdings.
• Sembcorp Design and Construction, Singapore Children's Society, Singapore Corporation of Rehabilitative Enterprises, Singapore Indian Development Association, Singapore Medical Council, Singapura Finance Ltd, ST-Airport Services, Supreme Court, Surbana Site Supervisors, Swire Shipping Agencies.
• Teambuild Construction, The STAR Performing Arts Centre, Tower Club Singapore, TrichoKare.
• Unimatec Singapore.
• Verztec Consulting, VICOM Inspection Centre, Vital, MOF.
• Wahana (S), Web Professional House, Wing Siang Long.