This workshop will help you achieve work-life balance through effective time management
A supervisor or manager needs to effectively manage a wide variety of tasks and people. Hence, it is essential to learn how to delegate tasks and projects to the staff effectively.
In addition, it is of utmost importance to learn how to decline certain requests as well. This workshop will teach you how to achieve a balanced lifestyle through effective time management.
• Expedite work projects.
• Complete projects on time.
• Organize personal and business activities.
• Planning, executing and evaluating work activities.
• Eliminate time wastages.
Who should attend
• Secretaries, Personal Assistants, Administrators, Supervisors, Executives and Managers.
I. Getting started
• Clarify what balance means to an individual.
• To recognise where your time goes, and better understand how to spend it.
• Identify who and what steals your time.
• Analysing and prioritising your workload.
• SMART goal setting.
• Monitoring current balance & stress levels.
• Practical tips to improve time and stress management.
II. The 'Big Picture'
• Identify your daily routine.
• Your daily routine and goal setting.
• Benefits of prioritizing work according to goals set.
• Identify methods to help manage work priorities.
• Know when to delegate.
III. Managing yourself and others
• Dealing with time-wasters.
• Getting organised with modern technologies.
• Managing your appointments.
• Dealing with interruptions.
IV. Being assertive
• Understanding your and others' needs.
• Solving typical time management problem.
• Types of Behaviours: Passive, Aggressive and Assertive.
• The art of saying 'no'.
V. Managing stress
• Identify the sources of stress.
• Methods of managing stress.
• Managing Personal Growth.
• Identification of personal goals and how to relate them to their job and organizational goal.
• Establishing and prioritize personal goals.
Carina Tien has over 20 years of corporate experiences in various multinational companies. Her experience and exposure include customer relations, human resources, training & development, sales administration, secretarial, advertising and business development.
Carina is a Certified Corporate Trainer specializes in communication skills training and an expert in voice coaching. Her areas of focus include Business Etiquette, Problem Solving, Conflict Management, Interpersonal Skills, Assertive Skills, Goal Setting and Personal Effectiveness, Customer Service and Handling Difficult People/Customers. She has conducted numerous workshops for both MNCs and SMEs in the past years and had been interviewed in the media such as Singapore’s News Radio 93.8 Live and Pop Radio Station 933. Carina also contributes articles to the Straits Times Career Guide.
A powerful presenter, Carina takes keen interest in research and development of workshops, keeping in mind participants’ various organizational behaviours and work habits. Her conviction with regard to potential in every human being to excel beyond his imagination is very strong and forms the basis of her training. The key to success is the belief in ourselves. She evokes a positive self-response within individuals so that they start believing in their own capabilities. It gives her immense pleasure to witness her audience’s paradigm shift during and after the workshops. Her mission in life is to assist individuals to flourish and progress even during extreme stress and adverse circumstances and to be a source of positivity and inspiration for the community and colleagues around them.
Carina has a Degree in Business & Human Resource Management. She also has Diplomas in Communication Studies, Advertising, Business Administration, Image Consulting, and in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL), as well as a Professional Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, a Certificate in Practical Counseling as well as an Advanced Certificate In Training & Assessment (ACTA).
Carina is a Certified Master Life Coach and NLP Practitioner and is effectively bilingual in English, Mandarin and local dialects.
• 19 June 2018 - 4th Run
• S$ 450 per participant
• S$ 400 per participant for 2 participants from the same organisation
• S$ 350 per participant for 3 or more participants from the same organisation
• 9 am - 5 pm
• Skills Connect WDA Reference CRS-N-0030937.
• Skills Future Credit for Self-Sponsored Singaporeans aged 25 and above.
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded at the end of the workshop.
• Coffee & tea with snacks during the morning and afternoon breaks
• Buffet lunch with vegetarian & halal options
Please use this form to register for our HRM SKILLS Workshops.
STILL NOT SURE? CALL US
(65) 6337-7516 or 6338-8487, 9 am to 5 pm, Mondays to Fridays
You can register online for any of HRM SKILLS Workshops using the Registration Form or send an email to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
The information we require for email registration is as follows:
- Course Title & Date
- Participant's Full Name
- Organisation, Company Name or Self-Sponsored
- Contact Person (If different from Participant)
- Contact Number
Past Participants' Comments
• "Very good, will be useful." - David Frampton, Transocean Eastern
• "Interesting" – Vivien Leow, ST Electronics (Infocomm Systems)
Past Participant Organisations
• 8 Bar, Amnesty, Ascendas Services.
• Fortuna Scientific.
• GIC, Global Maths, Globaltraco International.
• Highway International.
• International Enterprise Singapore.
• LHN Group.
• Masterbulk, Ministry of Health, Ministry of Law.
• Nikko Chemicals Singapore.
• Oldendorff Carriers (Singapore).
• Pioneer Primary School.
• SAGE Publications Asia-Pacific, Santa Fe Relocation Services, Singapore Children's Society, SMM Pte Ltd, Singapore Police Force, Singapore Prison Service, ST Electronics (InfoComm Systems), Success Vantage, Surbana Site Supervisors.
• Transocean Eastern, Tri Star Electronics.
• Zodiac Aerospace Services Asia.