Leadership is a key differentiator in today’s competitive world – the new millennia workforce craves development, challenge and purpose. Transactional leadership can only help avoid dissatisfaction in a staff; for true satisfaction, Transformational leadership is what energizes and motivates staff, as well as deliver breakthrough results for organisations.
This one-day workshop is an introduction to the essentials of Transformational Leadership. It covers the spectrum of scenarios and roles which leaders will face, and introduces core skills for engaging, influencing and motivating team members. Based on 26 years of on-the-ground leadership experience, this workshop is a hands-on to what works, what doesn’t.
In this workshop, participants will learn about:
• Transformational leadership vs other leadership styles
• Leadership Responsibilities: what being a leader really means
• Transformational Communications: high quality conversations
• Leadership Skills: methods and tools to engage, motivate and influence staff
What questions this training program provides answers to:
• What does it take for me to be an effective leader?
• What inspires? What moves? What engages?
• How can I make a difference to my team?
• How can I engage, influence or motivate?
• How can I gain and keep their trust?
• How do we move from a group to a team?
The one day workshop is practice-oriented, and involves fun and engaging experiential learning. Participants will share their individual experiences, from which methodologies and tools will be introduced for targeted intervention:
• Who me? A leader? Yes You!
• How do leaders lead? The spectrum of leadership styles
• The demands on a leader.
• Deconstructing and building high quality conversations
• Core skill #1 - “You are not listening!” three levels of listening skills
• Core skill #2 - Building Trust: how to gain it and keep it
• Core skill #3 - Motivating: Different folks, different strokes
• Core skill #4 – Influencing: how mindset works and how to work it
Who should attend
• Managers/Leaders at all levels, who are interested in being effective in delivering results, commitment and growth.
To anchor the learning and winning behaviour, the workshop incorporates:
• Culling from participants’ actual workplace experience
• Interactive exercises and role plays
• Video case studies
Benefits of Attending This Course
This workshop will change the way you think and act as a leader. You will broaden your perspectives, learn how to really listen, understand and appreciate another person’s mind space, and from there, open the door to positive influencing and motivating. Ultimately, this leads to an extraordinary team that is engaged, committed and delivers.
Tan Hong Wee is a Leadership Development consultant and trainer, with 26 years leadership experience in the Republic of Singapore Navy. He was commander of two naval combat ships, as well as Squadron Commander of the largest squadron. Having excelled as a leader, he was selected to join the SAF Centre for Leadership Development, where he developed the structure, curriculum and content to groom leaders in the workplace. This was where he pioneered Systems Thinking throughout SAF and designed the Team Effectiveness Process.
Hong Wee left in 2013 to set up his own Leadership and Organisation Development Consultancy firm. He is well grounded in organisational learning, coaching, facilitation and team dynamics tools and methodologies. He conducts regular Systems Thinking, Team Effectiveness, Coaching and Facilitation workshops for several national institutes.
Hong Wee is a published author (Leader As Coach, Leader As Facilitator) – which is written specifically for leaders in the Asian workplace. He is planning another book on Systems Thinking.
Hong Wee obtained his Bachelor’s degree in Cambridge University (UK) and his Master’s from Naval Postgraduate School (USA). He is also a Certified Coach.
• Date to be advised (3rd Run)
• S$ 450 per participant
• S$ 400 per participant for 2 participants from the same organisation
• S$ 350 per participant for 3 or more participants from the same organisation
• 9 am - 5 pm
• Skills Connect WDA Reference CRS-N-0046960.
• Skills Future Credit for Self-Sponsored Singaporeans aged 25 and above.
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded at the end of the workshop.
• Coffee & tea with snacks during the morning and afternoon breaks
• Buffet lunch with vegetarian & halal options
Please use this form to register for our HRM SKILLS Workshops.
* Please note that the participant’s particulars will be shared with SSG (SkillsFuture Singapore) for the post-training TRAQOM (Training Quality and Outcome Measurement) survey.
STILL NOT SURE? CALL US
(65) 6337-7516 or 6338-8487, 9 am to 5 pm, Mondays to Fridays
You can register online for any of HRM SKILLS Workshops using the Registration Form or send an email to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
The information we require for email registration is as follows:
- Course Title & Date
- Participant's Full Name, NRIC/FIN, Email Address, Mobile Number
- Organisation, Company Name or Self-Sponsored
- Contact Person (If different from Participant)
- Contact Number
Past Participants' Comments
Past Participant Organisations
• Biomedical Sciences Institutes, Bangkok Bank Public Company
• Data Storage Institute, Darul Makmur Mosque
• Institute of Microelectronics, Inxpress Insurance Agency Pte Ltd
• Swee Seng Credit Pte Ltd, Swee Seng Motors Pte Ltd
• WorldHotels AG