This workshop addresses the core skills of what makes relating with people at work rewarding and positive.
People leave organizations – often not because of work, tasks or job responsibilities but due to relationship issues with coworkers, superiors or even subordinates. As most of us spend lots of time at work – sometimes even more than with our family, relationships with people at work can be a strong retention or 'push' factor.
Anyone who is equipped with improved interpersonal and communication skills can certainly be more confident and able to implement work, team and personal goals regardless what their roles are.
This workshop addresses the core skills of what makes relating with people at work a rewarding and positive experience rather than a hindrance. The emphasis of the workshop is on sustainable and practical skills in real work situations, not mere theoretical concepts.
"The most important single ingredient in the formula of success is knowing how to get along with people." -Theodore Roosevelt
• 4 aspects that influence a person’s personality – what make me? What make them?
• Why do they behave the way they do? Why do I behave the way I do? (Basic Concepts in Transactional Analysis (TA*)
• Keys to relate with anyone = Skills in:
- Active Listening – Visual (Body Language), Vocal (Tone, Pitch, Intonation), Verbal (Words, Content).
- Breaking down defensive communication.
- Giving and receiving constructive feedback.
- Tips on respect in cultural diversity.
• Mastering emotions that sabotage communication.
- What emotions can overwhelm communications
- How do I turn them around into productive responses that build bridges, not tear them?
• Personal Action Plan for sustainable and productive interpersonal communication
*Transactional Analysis (TA) is a field of psychology which gives insight to the behaviour of people and the factors which influence these behaviours.
• Aspects that make a person who he/she is.
• Why do people communicate the way they do? (Basic Concepts in Transactional Analysis (TA*).
• Keys to relate – Core Communication Skills.
- 3 Vs of communication (Visual, Vocal, Verbal)
- Break defensive communication
- Give and receive constructive feedback
- Cultural Diversity
• Emotions that sabotage communications.
• Personal Action Plan for sustainable and productive interpersonal communication.
Who should attend
• Managers Officers, Team Leaders, Supervisors, Administrators, Customer Service Officers/personnel.
• Anyone from any levels or industries who work with people internally and/or externally.
Noor Wahab has more than 15 years of working experience specializing in training areas such as Communication & Presentation Skills, Cross-Cultural Communications, Cultural Diversity and other corporate training programmes.
Her long list of accomplishments include designing and delivering a mentor workshop for the SPT (Singapore Parallel Train) project for ExxonMobil, conducting a creativity & innovation workshop for the Singapore government, AVA (Agri-Food & Veterinary Authority of Singapore), and designing and delivering a coaching and mentoring program for KBC Advanced Technology.
Noor holds a Bachelor of Arts majoring in Psychology (USA) and a Bachelor of Mass Communications (USA). She is also a fully qualified and accredited administrator of the Myers Briggs Type Indicator.
• 2 October 2018 - 3rd Run
• S$ 450 per participant
• S$ 400 per participant for 2 participants from the same organisation
• S$ 350 per participant for 3 or more participants from the same organisation
• 9 am - 5 pm
• Skills Connect WDA Reference CRS-N-0031684
• Skills Future Credit for Self-Sponsored Singaporeans aged 25 and above.
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded at the end of the workshop.
• Coffee & tea with snacks during the morning and afternoon breaks
• Buffet lunch with vegetarian & halal options
Please use this form to register for our HRM SKILLS Workshops.
STILL NOT SURE? CALL US
(65) 6337-7516 or 6338-8487, 9 am to 5 pm, Mondays to Fridays
You can register online for any of HRM SKILLS Workshops using the Registration Form or send an email to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
The information we require for email registration is as follows:
- Course Title & Date
- Participant's Full Name
- Organisation, Company Name or Self-Sponsored
- Contact Person (If different from Participant)
- Contact Number
Past Participants' Comments
Past Participant Organisations
• Ascendas Services
• Biomedical Sciences Institutes
• Central Provident Fund Board, Coilcraft Singapore
• Gardens by the Bay, Geodis Wilson Singapore
• Nikko Chemicals Singapore
• Singapore Police Force, Singapura Finance, Snap-on Tools Singapore
• WLD Asset Management