This workshop helps participants be aware of non-verbal cues and signals for effective communication with others.
A key ingredient to striking and maintaining a positive first impression is body language. Unconsciously, the body telegraphs thoughts when folding arms, crossing legs, standing, walking, moving the eyes and mouth. These reveal mood, personality, and self-esteem.
The body doesn't know how to lie. The more you appear to be in charge, the more people approve of you. By creating habits of positive body language you can control how others perceive and respond to you.
While we have some positive and practical practices in behaviours and engagement, it is critical to understand preferences to build a relationship beyond mere formalities to ensure success.
(Face-to-face training at our hotel venues which are certified SG Clean)
• The dynamics of positive, negative and inner body language.
• Interpreting the feelings and intentions of others.
• Enhancing communication skills with various stakeholders.
• Spotting body language contradictions.
• Understanding the movement of the body, expressions, and gestures.
• Being aware of non-verbal cues and signals for effective communication.
• Definition of Body Language - Understanding the outward reflection of a person’s emotional condition.
• Positive Body Language - The effect of positive body language on yourself and others.
• Negative Body Language - How to change your negative body language to positive.
• Inner Body Language - The ability to portray your emotions through body language when what you say is what you feel inside.
II. Key areas of appropriate body language
• Evaluating Gestures - What does it mean when a hand lightly rests on the cheek and not as head support?
• Eye Signals - The eyebrow flashes, beady eyes and pupil dilation.
• The Power of Handshakes - How the palms and handshakes are used to control.
• How the legs reveal what the mind wants to do - How feet tell the truth, the four main standing positions and how to move from closed movement to open
• The magic of smiles and laughter - Differentiate between the genuine and fake smiles and the five common types of smiles.
• Personal space and zone distances - Learn about personal space and the 4 distinct zone distances.
III. Interpreting Feelings and Intentions of others
• Facial expressions - How the face reveals the truth
• Eye movement - What is the meaning of extended blinking or darting eyes?
• How the hands and arms talk - How the hands and arms gesture tells you of what the others are feeling
• Interpretation of the head movement - Head gestures reveal the way we see things and how we feel about them
Who should attend
• Managers, Supervisors
• Customer Service Officers
• Those dealing with people in the sales and marketing and hospitality arena
Kay Nalla has dedicated 18 years of her life training staff and colleagues on customer service, personal grooming and makeup and selling techniques while performing her managerial duties in the sales and marketing field. Her love and passion to interact with people propelled her to work in travel agencies, various hotels (F&B, room sales & banquet), The Singapore Changi Airport and well established spas like Clarins, Haach and Bonafides.
Kay’s responsibilities include managing all aspects from recruiting new staff, training them to their best potential, implementing effective promotions to accomplish the sales revenue for the outlet, managing customer’s needs and wants and also holding talks for the clients on various beneficial topics including body language, active listening skills and more. Her extensive experience and knowledge in the hospitality arena coupled with her genuine desire to share has made her a much sought after speaker.
Kay was invited to hold talks and conduct workshops for government bodies, country clubs, hospitals, banks, spas and other sectors including Singapore Police Force, Singapore Girl’s Home, Singapore Changi Prison, Panasonic, Rendezvous Hotel and more.
Kay is a MOE approved and certified ACTA trainer. She holds a Diploma in Travel and Ticketing (IATA/UFTAA), Diploma in Aesthetics (Beauty), NITEC in Face Care, LCCI in Marketing and possesses a Certificate for Personal Grooming. She was also awarded a Super host Certificate from The Singapore Tourism Board.
• 19 April 2023 (5th Run)
• S$ 450 per participant
• S$ 400 per participant for 2 or more participants from the same organisation
Duration / Venue
• 9 am - 5 pm
• Hotel seminar room
• Coffee & tea with snacks during the morning and afternoon breaks
• Buffet lunch with vegetarian & halal options
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded at the end of the workshop.
Please use this form to register for our HRM SKILLS Workshops.
STILL NOT SURE? CALL US
(65) 6337-7516 or 6338-8487, 9 am to 5 pm, Mondays to Fridays
Past Participants' Comments
Past Participant Organisations
• Agency for Science, Technology and Research, A H Low & Co
• Bishan Home for the Intellectually Disabled
• Central Provident Fund Board
• Eng Lee Engineering Pte Ltd
• Groz-Beckert East Asia LLP.
• Hotel Miramar Singapore
• International Enterprise Singapore
• Keppel Corporation Ltd
• Mapletree Facilities Services Pte Ltd, Mapletree Industrial Trust Management Ltd, Masjid Darul Makmur
• National University Hospital (S), National Youth Sports Institute
• Oak 3 Films Pte Ltd, Oil Spill Response Limited
• Republic Polytechnic
• Singapore Turf Club, State Courts
• Visiber Singapore Pte Ltd