This one-day workshop will equip you with the knowledge and actionable strategies, tools and templates to lead and manage change effectively.
"In this world, nothing can be said to be certain except death and taxes" - Benjamin Franklin
Unfortunately, Benjamin Franklin was mistaken because besides death & taxes, change is the other certainty that we can expect in life. Change is happening all the time around us. The pace of change is getting faster today with the proliferation of technology and forces of globalization. The only constant in life is change and we need to be able to embrace the changes that happen around us. We may be impacted by a change that is imposed upon us or we may need to lead and manage changes at work, at home or in the community.
Whether in your personal lives or at work, whether you’re an individual contributor, people manager, project manager, team leader, HR or training manager, it is important to understand the dynamics of change and how we can lead and manage changes.
• To understand the experience of the characteristics of change.
• Discover the different dimensions of change at the individual, team and organizational level.
• To gain awareness of the critical success factors to effective change management.
• Differentiate the various approaches to organizational change.
• Apply a change process model and adopt change management tools to manage change.
• Understanding resistance and strategies to deal with it.
• Measuring success of the change effort.
• Develop a personal action plan to lead and manage change/transition.
I. Understanding Change
• What is change?
• Experience of change.
• Personal assessment of change.
II. Making Sense of Change
• Examining change at the individual level.
• Analyzing change at the team and organizational level.
• Types of changes.
III. Different Approaches to Organizational Change
• Systems thinking.
• Action Research.
• Appreciative Inquiry.
IV. Leading and Managing Change - Part 1
• Change Process Model.
• Planning and Organizing Change.
• Stakeholder Analysis and Management.
• Critical Success Factors.
V. Leading and Managing Change - Part 2
• Dealing with Resistance.
• Implementing Change.
• Change Interventions.
• Monitoring and Evaluating Change.
VI. Personal Action Plan
• Reflection, integration and synthesis of insights.
• Develop personal action plan.
Who should attend
• Project Managers, Team Leaders, People Managers, HR Executives, HR Supervisors, Assistant HR Managers, HR Managers, Training Executives, Assistant Training Managers, Training Managers, Work Improvement Teams, Business Improvement Managers, Change Managers.
Chris Chew has 18 years of experience working in large multinationals like Shell, Motorola and Bunge and top local institutions. He has also had hands-on experience in IT management, project management, service and operations management, corporate training, consulting, organizational development, organizational learning and change management work. He was the Head of Organizational Development and Change at his previous organization where he helped to develop the learning culture, enhance employee engagement and strengthen the corporate culture.
Chris is currently an organizational learning & development consultant/practitioner helping schools, institutions of higher learning and organizations in developing the capability of their people. His passion and purpose is to help people be more effective motivated and fulfilled in what they do.
He has conducted and facilitated various workshops such as managing change and transition, team effectiveness, inter-team alignment, consulting skills, presentation skills, facilitation skills, leadership skills and design thinking, as well as large group events for company and management retreats. He is also the author of the book “Conversations About Success – What Matters and How to Achieve It”
Chris was the lead adjunct lecturer in Organizational Development and Change at a local University. He also lectured on Strategic HR Management and Business Management. He is also a certified DISC, I-OPT facilitator and ACTA certified trainer.
Chris holds a Master of Organizational Leadership (Leadership, Policy and Change) from Monash University, Australia as well as a Bachelor of Engineering (Hons) from Nanyang Technological University, Singapore.
• Date to be advised - 1st Run
• S$ 450 per participant
• S$ 400 per participant for 2 participants from the same organisation
• S$ 350 per participant for 3 or more participants from the same organisation
• 9 am - 5 pm
• PIC Claimable for Company Sponsored Participants.
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded at the end of the workshop.
• Coffee & tea with snacks during the morning and afternoon breaks
• Buffet lunch with vegetarian & halal options
Please use this form to register for our HRM SKILLS Workshops.
STILL NOT SURE? CALL US
(65) 6337-7516 or 6338-8487, 9 am to 5 pm, Mondays to Fridays
You can register online for any of HRM SKILLS Workshops using the Registration Form or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
The information we require for email registration is as follows:
- Course Title & Date
- Participant's Full Name
- Organisation, Company Name or Self-Sponsored
- Contact Person (If different from Participant)
- Contact Number