Conflict is part of life. It happens when goals, values, needs and wants of two or more people are different and in opposition. Sometimes, conflict can be resolved amicably and professionally but more often, conflicts lead to finger pointing, fault finding, anxiety, anger, bitterness and frustration. If left unmanaged, conflict can cause long term damage at the workplace, wrecks marriages, jolts friendships, shatters morale, creates enemies and negative feelings that amount to waste of time and money. Even the strongest of individuals can be crippled of energy, emotion and time.
Effective conflict management should be practised as soon as a problem occurs and not wait to be settled tomorrow and we’ll show you how!
(Training Venues: In view of the current COVID-19 situation, we will maintain small class size for all our courses. Hotels has taken strict measures such as daily disinfecting of all seminar rooms, cleaning the lift buttons and door knobs, temperature taking for our participants and hand sanitizers are also available)
(Social Distancing: Traditional classroom setting with only ONE participant at each table, with a distance of one metre apart from another. Comfortable seating space at the lunch area. All participants have to wear a mask during the training)
• Understanding yourself and your trigger points
• Adapting your “Style” to the situation
• Expressing your emotions tactfully
• Looking at a situation with a broader mind
• Handling conflict with a calm and fair approach
• Feeding the solution not the problem
• Different types of conflicts and how to handle them
• Turning conflicts into discussions
• Ability to see the hot buttons and suppressing the problem before it starts
• Creating a win-win in achieving resolution
• Getting to the core of the problem
• Bringing closure to unresolved conflict
I. Introduction to Conflict Resolution
• What is Conflict?
• What is Conflict Resolution?
II. What causes conflict?
• The process that leads to conflict
• Trigger points leading to conflict
• Finding out your trigger points (Discussion)
• What’s your personality? (Personality Test)
• Adapting your “Style” to the situation
III. Different types of Conflicts
• What are the different types of conflicts? (Case studies)
• How to spot the hot buttons that trigger conflict (Discussion)
• Suppressing the problem before it happens or from escalating
IV. Turning conflicts into discussions
• Setting the right environment
• Choosing the right time and space
• Neutralizing emotions with the correct use of words (Discussion)
• What do “You” want and what do “We” want? (Self Reflection)
• Coming to common grounds
V. Establishing a calm and fair approach
• Stress relieving techniques (Exercises)
• Breathing Techniques
• Positive thinking methods
VI. Getting to the core of the conflict
• Examining root causes that caused the conflict
• Looking at the root problem with a broader mind
• Finding a win-win solution
• Importance of forgiveness
VII. Generating multiple options (Group work)
• Digging deeper into the possible options
• Coming up with a few strong options
VIII. Finding solutions to the conflict
• Choosing the best solutions through the evaluation process
• Steps to derive to the best solution
IX. Evaluation Process
• Create your action plan
• Individual step process
X. Coming to an agreement
• The building of a stronger partnership/relationship
• Bringing closure to unresolved conflicts
Who should attend
• HR, Sales and Customer Service Personnel; Supervisors, Managers and Executives who need to deal with conflict situations.
• Case studies
Benefits of Attending This Course
• This Conflict Management Course will give you the tools to help you deal with difficult situations and people productively and effectively.
What questions this training programme provides answers to:
• What causes conflicts?
• What are the different types of conflicts?
• How do I detect the trigger points?
• How do I think fairly and calmly?
• How do I know that I have derived at the best solution?
• What are the steps to help me achieve the best solutions?
• How do I forgive and have a stronger partnership?
Kay Nalla has dedicated 18 years of her life training staffs and colleagues on customer service, personal grooming and make up and selling techniques while performing her managerial duties in the sales and marketing field. Her love and passion to interact with people propelled her to work in travel agencies, various hotels (F&B, room sales & banquet), The Singapore Changi Airport and well established spas like Clarins, Haach and Bonafides.
Kay’s responsibilities include managing all aspects from recruiting new staffs, training them to their best potential, implementing effective promotions to accomplish the sales revenue for the outlet, managing customer’s needs and wants and also holding talks for the clients on various beneficial topics including body language, active listening skills and more. Her extensive experience and knowledge in the hospitality arena coupled with her genuine desire to share has made her a much sought after speaker.
Kay was invited to hold talks and conduct workshops for government bodies, country clubs, hospitals, banks, spas and other sectors including Singapore Police Force, Singapore Girl’s Home, Singapore Changi Prison, Panasonic, Rendezvous Hotel and more.
Kay is a MOE approved and certified ACTA trainer. She holds a Diploma in Travel and Ticketing (IATA/UFTAA), Diploma in Aesthetics (Beauty), NITEC in Face Care, LCCI in Marketing and possesses a Certificate for Personal Grooming. She was also awarded a Super host Certificate from The Singapore Tourism Board.
• 12 November 2020 (2nd Run)
• S$ 450 per participant
• S$ 400 per participant for 2 or more participants from the same organisation
Duration / Venue
• 9 am - 5 pm
• Hotel seminar room
• Coffee & tea with snacks during the morning and afternoon breaks
• Buffet lunch with vegetarian & halal options
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded at the end of the workshop.
Please use this form to register for our HRM SKILLS Workshops.
* Please note that the participant’s particulars will be shared with SSG (SkillsFuture Singapore) for the post-training TRAQOM (Training Quality and Outcome Measurement) survey.
STILL NOT SURE? CALL US
(65) 6337-7516 or 6338-8487, 9 am to 5 pm, Mondays to Fridays
You can register online for any of HRM SKILLS Workshops using the Registration Form or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
The information we require for email registration is as follows:
- Course Title & Date
- Participant's Full Name, NRIC/FIN, Email Address, Mobile Number
- Organisation, Company Name or Self-Sponsored
- Contact Person (If different from Participant)
- Contact Number
Past Participants' Comments
• "Conflict management techniques are useful" - Surattenah Bte Mohamed Arsad, Darul Makmur Mosque
• "Understanding the cause of conflicts & personality test are useful" - Muhammad Hamzah, Darul Makmur Mosque
• "Learning the conflict solving techniques which we can apply at work" - Perry Tan, Siltronic Singapore Pte Ltd
Past Participant Organisations
• Darul Makmur Mosque
• Omron Asia Pacific
• Siltronic Singapore