A concise business overview to the African continent and to the West African region.
A concise business overview to the African continent in general and to the West African region in particular, which will provide a comparison of major business relationships between Asia and Africa and will also present a clearer insight of the business etiquette and the market state of affairs of the precise way of doing business in Africa.
This one day workshop will focus on certain essential business tools for people to acquire in their quest for expansion in the African continent.
Some of the questions that this training programme provide answers to are:
- How safe is it to travel to Africa and to potentially expand my business there?
- How different is the African business environment from my own?
- Is the African market a homogeneous market?
- What is the business etiquette when dealing with African prospects?
- How can I securely communicate with African business people?
- What business tools do I need to acquire to successfully deal with African partners?
• To empower various business organisations as well as individuals who have been operating in Asia, with vital information, ways and means as well as useful tools in their pursuit for a potential development of their brands into the African business environment.
• To enable participants grasp the importance of the African significance in their business activities.
• To provide means of comprehending Africa's different political, cultural and economic environment and its own business etiquette.
I. The African continent and its significant potential in the business area
• The ease of doing business in Africa
• Important facts to remember about Africa
II. Obstacle areas
• Getting my business there
• Potential issues that could arise
III. China's past and recent involvement
• Agricultural sector
• Utilities and Services (Power supply, infrastructure, transportation, banking facilities, distribution, healthcare, security etc)
IV. Setting up your business in Africa
• Your "to do" list
• Points you need to know in advance
• The way business in Africa are conducted
V. Africa's management style
• Points to know and remember of business practices
• Rules of etiquette - Meetings and greeting tips
• Dos and Don'ts list (some particular taboo to avoid)
VI. The African consumer - Distribution Channels - Retail trade
• Unconventional retail techniques in reaching new customers
• Warehousing and storage facilities
VII. Entry into Africa
• Political risks - foreign exchange risks (investing in Africa - two major ways)
• Competitive Advantages (Local manufacture vs Imports)
• Legal restrictions on goods & services
• Exchange of emails (valuable tips)
• Summary guidelines
VIII. Action Plan - Q&A session
• Participants' preparation of their individual action plan
• Contributions with questions and answers
Who should attend
This seminar is designed for professionals from various industries with experience levels and backgrounds. It aims for business executives and managers of private or public organisations, as well as for key management figures from SMEs with a desire to enhance their knowledge in order to expand their business into the African continent.
• Presentation - Facilitator-led instructions and power point slides will be used to reinforce the visual presentation
• Questions & Answers session - Interactive two-way questions & answers session to enhance participants learning and ensure a clear understanding.
• Participants' Action Plan - Preparation of individual action plan to be applied to themselves or to their team for improvement and further progression.
Benefits of attending this course
• Comprehend the significance of the African continent and its environment.
• Understand differences and particularities of the African environment and its peculiar business etiquette.
• Embrace the potential of business interaction with their African counterparts
• Acquire initial business tools in their quest for expansion into the African continent
Petros Zenieris, is a Singapore-based trainer and his professional career covers over 27 years accumulated management experience from Europe, West Africa (Ghana & Nigeria) & Asia (China, Singapore and Malaysia). Owing to his wealth of accumulated experience & expertise earned from 20 years of service with MNCs in West Africa, Petros has been providing consulting and training services to S. E. Asia-based companies seeking to expand their businesses in the African region.
Petros designs his own seminars and workshops for Customer Services, Supply Chain Management as well as for selective Marketing topics. His seminars & workshops have been conducted in Singapore, Malaysia, Brunei, Dubai, Bangkok and Shanghai. Petros’ articles have been published in The Straits Times newspaper, magazines and he is a member of Africa Business Group (AfBG) which covers topics related to Sub-Saharan African Region.
Petros has a degree in Economics as well as a degree in Business Studies with specialisation in Marketing. He has also obtained an Advance Certificate in Training & Assessment (ACTA).
• Date to be advised - 1st Run
• S$ 450 per participant
• S$ 400 per participant for 2 participants from the same organisation
• S$ 350 per participant for 3 or more participants from the same organisation
• 9 am - 5 pm
• PIC Claimable for Company Sponsored Participants.
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded at the end of the workshop.
• Coffee & tea with snacks during the morning and afternoon breaks
• Buffet lunch with vegetarian & halal options
Please use this form to register for our HRM SKILLS Workshops.
STILL NOT SURE? CALL US
(65) 6337-7516 or 6338-8487, 9 am to 5 pm, Mondays to Fridays
You can register online for any of HRM SKILLS Workshops using the Registration Form or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
The information we require for email registration is as follows:
- Course Title & Date
- Participant's Full Name
- Organisation, Company Name or Self-Sponsored
- Contact Person (If different from Participant)
- Contact Number