Assertiveness is about being respected and recognised. This skill enables you to speak up for yourself without being disrespectful to others. This course will enable participants to deal with internal and external customers in a professional, confident and assertive manner, and avoid conflict, manipulation and defensiveness.
(Face-to-face training at our hotel venues which are certified SG Clean)
- Explain the role of assertiveness
- Explain the differences among assertive, aggressive and non-assertive communication
- Avoid being manipulated by others
- Understand the key components of self-confidence
- Increasing your confidence both vocally and physically using assertion
What is Assertiveness?
- Myths about Assertiveness
- What stops us from being assertive?
- How Self-Belief affects your assertiveness?
Pros and Cons of Various Behaviours
- Passive Behaviour
- Aggressive Behaviour
- Assertive Behaviour
Preparing Your Mind for Assertiveness
- Self-Confidence and Fear
- Confronting Your Beliefs
- Changing Mental Behaviours
- Verbal and Non-Verbal Skills for Assertiveness
Reinforcing Assertiveness Through Techniques
- Basic Assertion
- Empathic Assertion
- Consequence assertion
- Discrepancy Assertion
- Negative Feelings Assertion
- Broken Record
Who Should Attend
- Associates, business professionals, team leaders and individual contributors who want to acquire the essential assertiveness skills.
Carina Tien has over 20 years of corporate experience in various multinational companies. Her experience and exposure include customer relations, human resources, training & development, sales administration, secretarial, advertising and business development.
Carina is a Certified Corporate Trainer specializing in communication skills training and an expert in voice coaching. Her areas of focus include Business Etiquette, Problem Solving, Conflict Management, Interpersonal Skills, Assertive Skills, Goal Setting and Personal Effectiveness, Customer Service and Handling Difficult People/Customers. She has conducted numerous workshops for both MNCs and SMEs in the past years and has been interviewed in the media such as Singapore’s News Radio 93.8 Live and Pop Radio Station 933. Carina also contributes articles to the Straits Times Career Guide.
A powerful presenter, Carina takes a keen interest in research and development of workshops, keeping in mind participants’ various organizational behaviours and work habits. Her conviction with regard to potential in every human being to excel beyond his imagination is very strong and forms the basis of her training. The key to success is our belief in ourselves. She evokes a positive self-response within individuals so that they start believing in their own capabilities. It gives her immense pleasure to witness her audience’s paradigm shift during and after the workshops. Her mission in life is to assist individuals to flourish and progress even during extreme stress and adverse circumstances and to be a source of positivity and inspiration for the community and colleagues around them.
Carina has a Degree in Business & Human Resource Management. She also has Diplomas in Communication Studies, Advertising, Business Administration, Image Consulting, and in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL), as well as a Professional Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, a Certificate in Practical Counseling as well as an Advanced Certificate In Training & Assessment (ACTA).
Carina is a Certified Master Life Coach and NLP Practitioner and is effectively bilingual in English, Mandarin and local dialects.
• Date to be advised (1st Run)
Duration / Venue
• 9 am - 5 pm
• Hotel seminar room
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded at the end of the workshop.
• S$ 450 per participant
• S$ 400 per participant for 2 or more participants from the same organisation
• Coffee & tea with snacks during the morning and afternoon breaks
• Lunch will be provided
Please use this form to register for our HRM SKILLS Workshops.
* Please note that the participant’s particulars will be shared with SSG (SkillsFuture Singapore) for the post-training TRAQOM (Training Quality and Outcome Measurement) survey.