In a rapidly changing world, effective leadership isn't just a title; it's the driving force behind progress and transformation. This “Effective Leadership Workshop” is designed for both emerging leaders and seasoned ones. It offers a profound journey into the heart of leadership excellence.
At its core, leadership is about influence, inspiration, and unwavering commitment. The two-day course aims to builds a solid groundwork for learners in becoming an exceptional leader who can steer teams to success, foster innovation, and create an inclusive, empowering culture.
• Gain a 360-degree understanding of leadership principles.
• Hone their leadership skills through hands-on exercises and real-world case studies.
• Learn to embrace diversity and foster inclusion in the workplace.
• Develop not only leadership skills but self-leadership tools.
• Equip themselves to excel in diverse cultural contexts.
1. Introduction to Leadership
- Distinguishing Leaders from Managers
- Qualities and Skills of Successful Leaders
- Interactive Scenario Analysis
2. Valuing Differences
- Changing Attitudes and Behaviours
- Confronting Intolerance
- Balancing Shared Values
- Handling Diversity-related Conflicts
- Role-plays and Self-appraisal
3. Effective Communication Skills
- Introduction to Communication Skills
- Listening, Questioning, and Feedback Skills
- Interactive Workshops and Discussions
4. Cross-Cultural Communication
- Cross-Cultural Competence Objectives
- Cultural Simulation Exercise
- Aligning Company Vision with Cultural Diversity
- Understanding Cultural Circles
- Screening of "Peacock in the Land of Penguins"
- Cross-Cultural Case Studies
5. Process Improvement for Efficiency
- Overview & Personal Application
- Four Pillars of Total Quality Management (TQM)
- Key Elements of TQM/Process Improvement
- Practical Application and Case Studies
6. Problem-Solving Skills
- Introduction to Problem-Solving
- The PDCA Model
- Six-Step Problem Solving Wheel
- Practical Application and Case Studies
Who should attend
• Aspiring Leaders
• Team Managers
• Project Managers
• Professionals in Transition
• Cross-Cultural Teams
Benefits of Attending This Course
• Strengthen leadership skills
• Embrace diversity and inclusion
• Enhance cross-cultural competence
• Foster empowering leadership
• Create an inclusive work environment
Michael Giam is an international business professional with decades of senior management experience working in highly complex and cross-cultural business environments. Michael’s international breadth of experience spans both in public institutions and private corporations focusing mainly on business fundamentals and human capital to establish clear and achievable strategic business goals.
From a Senior HR Business Partner to Senior Vice President, Michael has worked for several MNCs including CWT Distribution Limited (Singapore), International Data Corporation (USA), the Millennium & Copthorne International Hotels Group (Singapore), Marriott International (in China) and Melco China Resorts (Holding) Limited (Macau). In his tenure at CWT, Michael was appointed by the CEO as the Management Representative to lead in corporate culture development and change. He has developed, implemented and coached several action programs that were necessary in the development of a learning culture within the organization and beyond. In 2003, Michael was selected by the industry to become one of the Executive Committee Members representing the Singapore hospitality industry to provide value-added initiatives and plans to the local government in enhancing the skills and value of the local workforce. He is active in helping the community, especially those unemployed and in poverty to reskill them and bring them back to the workforce.
In recent years Michael worked in China for Marriott to open new properties and some of its flagship hotels. Michael also worked for the Society of Petroleum Engineers in Malaysia as their Asia Pacific Director of Operations responsible for organizing and managing industry-related MICE activities. In his tenure, he has also developed good relationship with key stakeholders and decision makers in many national oil companies and international oil and gas corporations. Michael also worked as an independent consultant handling several pre-opening and restructuring projects. This include assisting the GM in opening the first Wyndham flagship hotel in Singapore; worked as an interim General Manager to open an exclusive club for arts & culture professionals in Guangzhou; developed and implement a comprehensive strategic Customer Service Excellence Program for United Overseas Bank in China as well as providing professional HR service & consultation to the new rebranded Hotel Jen in Singapore.
Michael has always been interested to develop the next generation of talents and leaders. Since 1995, Michael has served as an adjunct faculty for several local and foreign universities as well as some adult learning institutions on topics including Human Resource Management, Coaching & Counselling, Business Contract & Maritime Law, Organizational Behavior, Customer Service Training and many others.
Michael received his MBA from an Australian University and holds an Advanced Certificate in Training and Assessment (Facilitated Learning). He is a registered Practicing Management Consultant (PMC), a recognized SkillsFuture Mentor for SMEs in Singapore and also a Certified Senior Professional with IHRP Singapore.
• 17 & 18 April 2024 (1st Run)
• S$ 900 per participant
• S$ 850 per participant for 2 or more participants from the same organisation
• 9 am - 5 pm
• Coffee & tea with snacks during the morning and afternoon breaks
• Lunch will be provided
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded at the end of the workshop.
Please use this form to register for our HRM SKILLS Workshops.
* Please note that the participant’s particulars will be shared with SSG (SkillsFuture Singapore) for the post-training TRAQOM (Training Quality and Outcome Measurement) survey.
STILL NOT SURE? CALL US
(65) 6337-7516 or 6338-8487, 9 am to 5 pm, Mondays to Fridays
You can register online for any of HRM SKILLS Workshops using the Registration Form or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
The information we require for email registration is as follows:
- Course Title & Date
- Participant's Full Name, NRIC/FIN, Email Address, Mobile Number
- Organisation, Company Name or Self-Sponsored
- Contact Person (If different from Participant)
- Contact Number