You need effective presentation skills to present your ideas, strategies, projects and plans in front of your audience so that the message is broadcast clearly, meaningfully and understood by the audience. It enables you to engage with your audience in a more efficient and competent manner.
The aim of the presentation skill is to make conversation between people interesting, impactful and easy to comprehend using the tools and techniques that we have prepared for you.
This one-day workshop will focus on the “nuts and bolts” of presentations and provide a solid grounding in the processes and practices of effective presenting. You will also be able to spark, preserve and strengthen your audience’s interest in the subject matter.
(Face-to-face training at our hotel venues which are certified SG Clean)
• Explore how presentation works
• Plan a presentation with the audience in mind
• Developing clear objectives for the presentation
• Tips and techniques to stand out from the audience
• Developing your unique individual style
• Use positive presentation style (flair and presence)
• How to maintain confidence and handle nerves?
• Practice the skills of presenting
1. Explore how presentation works
• Benefits of effective presentation
• Structure of presentation (Introduction, body and conclusion)
• Rules in presentation
• Do’s and don’ts of using visual aids
2. Plan a presentation with the audience in mind
• Know your audience
• Audience analysis
3. Developing clear objectives for the presentation
• Four important key objectives
• Process of setting the clear objectives
4. Tips and techniques to stand out from the crowd
• Attention grabbers to enhance the opening
• Posture and Poise
• Body language in presentation
• Avoiding distractions
5. Developing your unique individual style
• How good are you at presenting? (Questionnaire)
• What is your story?
• Speaking from the heart not the head
6. Use positive presentation style (flair and presence)
• Vocal exercises
7. How to maintain confidence and handle nerves
• Causes of speech anxiety
• Relaxation techniques
• Challenge specific worries
• Know your topic
8. Practice the skills of presenting
• 5 tips on how to practice
• Live presentation
Who should attend
• Leaders, supervisors, managers, senior management in all industries, and anyone who wish to improve their presentation skills
• Group work
Kay Nalla has dedicated 18 years of her life training staff and colleagues on customer service, personal grooming and make up and selling techniques while performing her managerial duties in the sales and marketing field. Her love and passion to interact with people propelled her to work in travel agencies, various hotels (F&B, room sales & banquet), The Singapore Changi Airport and well established spas like Clarins, Haach and Bonafides.
Kay’s responsibilities include managing all aspects from recruiting new staff, training them to their best potential, implementing effective promotions to accomplish the sales revenue for the outlet, managing customer’s needs and wants and also holding talks for the clients on various beneficial topics including body language, active listening skills and more. Her extensive experience and knowledge in the hospitality arena coupled with her genuine desire to share has made her a much sought after speaker.
Kay was invited to hold talks and conduct workshops for government bodies, country clubs, hospitals, banks, spas and other sectors including Singapore Police Force, Singapore Girl’s Home, Singapore Changi Prison, Panasonic, Rendezvous Hotel and more.
Kay is a MOE approved and certified ACTA trainer. She holds a Diploma in Travel and Ticketing (IATA/UFTAA), Diploma in Aesthetics (Beauty), NITEC in Face Care, LCCI in Marketing and possesses a Certificate for Personal Grooming. She was also awarded a Super host Certificate from The Singapore Tourism Board.
• Date to be advised (1st Run)
• S$ 450 per participant
• S$ 400 per participant for 2 or more participants from the same organisation
Duration / Venue
• 9 am - 5 pm
• Hotel seminar room
• Coffee & tea with snacks during the morning and afternoon breaks
• Lunch will be provided
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded at the end of the workshop.
Please use this form to register for our HRM SKILLS Workshops.
* Please note that the participant’s particulars will be shared with SSG (SkillsFuture Singapore) for the post-training TRAQOM (Training Quality and Outcome Measurement) survey.