Communication is one of the major concerns in the workplace. Many of the problems we encounter in the workplace is the result of poor communication, Effective workplace communication can stop problems from escalating and make the workplace a more harmonious and efficient environment to be in. It is about making that connection with others in your organization by exchanging information and ideas verbally and non-verbally and creating and maintaining a positive working relationship.
This is a one-day workshop that will equip you with the tools and strategies to develop trust, strengthen relationships and fostering resilience.
(Face-to-face training at our hotel venues which are certified SG Clean)
• Discover the power of communication and be an elevated communicator
• Understanding people and personalities for better working relationships
• Identifying barriers of communication and how to overcome them
• Mastering the art of communication for workplace success
• Art of active listening skills and techniques
• Developing questioning skills
1. Discover the power of communication and be an elevated communicator
- Purpose of effective communication
- Benefits of communication
- Do’s and don’ts of communicating well
2. Understanding people and personalities for better working relationships
- Individual personality test to identify your communication style
- Understanding your communication styles to master better communication
- Understanding the strengths and weaknesses of the different styles
- Adapt to the communication styles to strengthen workplace relationships
3. Identifying barriers of communication and how to overcome them
- What are the barriers of communication?
- Identifying the barriers of communication
- Solutions to the barriers
4. Mastering the art of communication for workplace success
- Choosing the right words for the right occasion
- The 5PS for an effective conversation
- The 7Cs to remember
- Impact of nonverbal language on communication
5. Art of active listening skills and techniques
- Understanding the intent of the message
- Listening strategies
- Paraphrasing skills
- Pitfalls of active listening and how to avoid them
6. Developing questioning skills
- Asking the right questions to get to the heart of the matter
- The 5W and 1H method
- Dichotomous questions
- Recognize the importance of preparing focused questions
- To be able to use precision questioning techniques
Who should attend
• Leaders, supervisors, managers and senior management in all industries.
• Group/team activities
• Case studies
Kay Nalla has dedicated 18 years of her life training staffs and colleagues on customer service, personal grooming and make up and selling techniques while performing her managerial duties in the sales and marketing field. Her love and passion to interact with people propelled her to work in travel agencies, various hotels (F&B, room sales & banquet), The Singapore Changi Airport and well established spas like Clarins, Haach and Bonafides.
Kay’s responsibilities include managing all aspects from recruiting new staffs, training them to their best potential, implementing effective promotions to accomplish the sales revenue for the outlet, managing customer’s needs and wants and also holding talks for the clients on various beneficial topics including body language, active listening skills and more. Her extensive experience and knowledge in the hospitality arena coupled with her genuine desire to share has made her a much sought after speaker.
Kay was invited to hold talks and conduct workshops for government bodies, country clubs, hospitals, banks, spas and other sectors including Singapore Police Force, Singapore Girl’s Home, Singapore Changi Prison, Panasonic, Rendezvous Hotel and more.
Kay is a MOE approved and certified ACTA trainer. She holds a Diploma in Travel and Ticketing (IATA/UFTAA), Diploma in Aesthetics (Beauty), NITEC in Face Care, LCCI in Marketing and possesses a Certificate for Personal Grooming. She was also awarded a Super host Certificate from The Singapore Tourism Board.
• 29 November 2023 (1st Run)
• S$ 450 per participant
• S$ 400 per participant for 2 or more participants from the same organisation
• 9 am - 5 pm
• Coffee & tea with snacks during the morning and afternoon breaks
• Lunch will be provided
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded at the end of the workshop.
Please use this form to register for our HRM SKILLS Workshops.
* Please note that the participant’s particulars will be shared with SSG (SkillsFuture Singapore) for the post-training TRAQOM (Training Quality and Outcome Measurement) survey.
STILL NOT SURE? CALL US
(65) 6337-7516 or 6338-8487, 9 am to 5 pm, Mondays to Fridays
You can register online for any of HRM SKILLS Workshops using the Registration Form or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
The information we require for email registration is as follows:
- Course Title & Date
- Participant's Full Name, NRIC/FIN, Email Address, Mobile Number
- Organisation, Company Name or Self-Sponsored
- Contact Person (If different from Participant)
- Contact Number