This one day workshop will equip you with a good understanding of facilitation competencies, techniques and processes to facilitate with confidence
One of the keys to personal and professional success is our ability to facilitate well when working with others – it is an important leadership skill that allows us to obtain feedback, involve others and create buy-in.
Being able to facilitate effectively is a critical must-have skill that is important whether you are an employee, manager or the boss because we often need to solicit input from others. We often need to facilitate meetings, dialogue sessions, focus groups or workshops to seek our colleagues’ opinions and ideas as well as to involve them when carrying out operational or project work.
Whether you’re an individual contributor, people manager, project manager, team leader, HR or training manager, it is important to know the fundamentals and key principles of effective facilitation.
This workshop will equip you with a good understanding of facilitation competencies, techniques and processes to facilitate with confidence, and plenty of practice sessions to develop effective facilitation skills.
(Training Venues: In view of the current COVID-19 situation, we will maintain small class size for all our courses. Hotels has taken strict measures such as daily disinfecting of all seminar rooms, cleaning the lift buttons and door knobs, temperature taking for our participants and hand sanitizers are also available)
(Social Distancing: Traditional classroom setting with only ONE participant at each table, with a distance of one metre apart from another. Comfortable seating space at the lunch area. All participants have to wear a mask during the training)
• Recognize the characteristics of facilitation and the difference between facilitation and presentation
• Describe and explain the key competencies of a facilitator
• Apply and practice the skills of active listening, asking questions and utilize the language of facilitation to achieve effective group outcomes
• Apply and practice the skills of managing the flipchart, handling disruptions and create the conditions for full group participation
• Apply and practice facilitation process tools such as brainstorming, voting and decision matrix)
• Develop a personal action plan of action to develop effective facilitation skills
I. Understanding Facilitation
• Difference between facilitation and presentation
• Why is facilitation important?
• Mindset of a facilitator
II. Facilitator Competencies – Core Practices Part I
• Self assessment
• Active Listening
III. Facilitator Competencies – Core Practices Part II
• Language of facilitation
• Managing the flipchart
IV. Facilitator Competencies – Core Practices Part III
• Creating Participation
• Handling Disruptions
• Process tools
V. Personal Action Plan
• Reflection, integration and synthesis of insights
• Develop personal action plan
Who should attend
Individual Contributors, Executives, Project Managers, People Managers, HR executives, HR Managers, Training executives, Training Managers and anyone who needs be effective when facilitating a group discussion, dialogue or meeting.
• Skills Practices
• Case scenarios
The workshop will utilize active learning strategies which incorporate videos, activities, individual reflection, small and large group interactions.
Chris Chew has 18 years of experience working in large multinationals like Shell, Motorola and Bunge and top local institutions. He has also had hands-on experience in IT management, project management, service and operations management, corporate training, consulting, organizational development, organizational learning and change management work. He was the Head of Organizational Development and Change at his previous organization where he helped to develop the learning culture, enhance employee engagement and strengthen the corporate culture.
Chris is currently an organizational learning & development consultant/practitioner helping schools, institutions of higher learning and organizations in developing the capability of their people. His passion and purpose is to help people be more effective motivated and fulfilled in what they do.
He has conducted and facilitated various workshops such as managing change and transition, team effectiveness, inter-team alignment, consulting skills, presentation skills, facilitation skills, leadership skills and design thinking, as well as large group events for company and management retreats. He is also the author of the book “Conversations About Success – What Matters and How to Achieve It”
Chris was the lead adjunct lecturer in Organizational Development and Change at a local University. He also lectured on Strategic HR Management and Business Management. He is also a certified DISC, I-OPT facilitator and ACTA certified trainer.
Chris holds a Master of Organizational Leadership (Leadership, Policy and Change) from Monash University, Australia as well as a Bachelor of Engineering (Hons) from Nanyang Technological University, Singapore.
• 5 February 2021 (1st Run)
• S$ 450 per participant
• S$ 400 per participant for 2 or more participants from the same organisation
Duration / Venue
• 9 am - 5 pm
• Hotel seminar room
• Coffee & tea with snacks during the morning and afternoon breaks
• Buffet lunch with vegetarian & halal options
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded at the end of the workshop.
Please use this form to register for our HRM SKILLS Workshops.
* Please note that the participant’s particulars will be shared with SSG (SkillsFuture Singapore) for the post-training TRAQOM (Training Quality and Outcome Measurement) survey.
STILL NOT SURE? CALL US
(65) 6337-7516 or 6338-8487, 9 am to 5 pm, Mondays to Fridays
You can register online for any of HRM SKILLS Workshops using the Registration Form or send an email to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
The information we require for email registration is as follows:
- Course Title & Date
- Participant's Full Name, NRIC/FIN, Email Address, Mobile Number
- Organisation, Company Name or Self-Sponsored
- Contact Person (If different from Participant)
- Contact Number