Empower yourself with the knowledge and techniques needed to excel in telephone communication in both personal and professional contexts
How would you like to sound confident and enhance the effectiveness of telephone call handling? Whenever an employee answers a telephone call, he or she represents the employer and the company. You need to make a good first impression and create a positive and lasting relationship with the caller.
Effective telephone etiquette involves listening with all senses. It is about making a conscious effort to hear and understand what people are saying. It can prevent conflicts by making sure communication is clear and understood. The speaker has to trust you and feel your genuinity, warmth and care through the phone call he has with you.
• Demonstrate proper telephone etiquettes to enhance your image and organization
• Apply a structured approach to handling telephone calls.
• Listen effectively to the needs of customers.
• Master a professional, effective, and reassuring telephone voice
• Proper telephone language
• Use LEARN steps of handling angry callers.
• Increase productivity and improve performance
• Understanding the importance of professional telephone techniques
• Using PICTURE (pitch, inflection, tone, etc)
• 5 phases of a call
• Caller expectations over the phone.
• Skills in building good relationships over the phone
• Developing great listening skills (Passive, active and reflective)
• Handling interoffice calls
• Reducing phone distractions
• Answering inbound calls professionally
• Making outbound calls professionally
• What “to say” and “not to say”
• Taking accurate messages
• Dealing with challenges and attending to unhappy clients
Benefits of Attending This Programme
• Increase confidence when handling telephone conversations
• Build rapport with callers to offer better customer service.
• How to display competence and collegiality over the phone to gain client trust
• Solve problems over the phone.
Who should attend
• Managers, Executives, Team leaders
• Frontline staffs
• All staffs within the organization
• All working professionals who wants to enhance their phone skills
• Role Plays
• Group Work
• Individual work
Kay Nalla has dedicated 18 years of her life training staffs and colleagues on customer service, personal grooming and make up and selling techniques while performing her managerial duties in the sales and marketing field. Her love and passion to interact with people propelled her to work in travel agencies, various hotels (F&B, room sales & banquet), The Singapore Changi Airport and well established spas like Clarins, Haach and Bonafides.
Kay’s responsibilities include managing all aspects from recruiting new staffs, training them to their best potential, implementing effective promotions to accomplish the sales revenue for the outlet, managing customer’s needs and wants and also holding talks for the clients on various beneficial topics including body language, active listening skills and more. Her extensive experience and knowledge in the hospitality arena coupled with her genuine desire to share has made her a much sought after speaker.
Kay was invited to hold talks and conduct workshops for government bodies, country clubs, hospitals, banks, spas and other sectors including Singapore Police Force, Singapore Girl’s Home, Singapore Changi Prison, Panasonic, Rendezvous Hotel and more.
Kay is a MOE approved and certified ACTA trainer. She holds a Diploma in Travel and Ticketing (IATA/UFTAA), Diploma in Aesthetics (Beauty), NITEC in Face Care, LCCI in Marketing and possesses a Certificate for Personal Grooming. She was also awarded a Super host Certificate from The Singapore Tourism Board.
• 27 October 2023 (5th Run)
• S$ 450 per participant
• S$ 400 per participant for 2 participants from the same organisation
• 9 am - 5 pm
• Coffee & tea with snacks during the morning and afternoon breaks
• Buffet lunch with vegetarian & halal options
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded at the end of the workshop.
Please use this form to register for our HRM SKILLS Workshops.
Past Participants' Comments
• "Every part of the course was useful to me!" – Anna Low, Nera Telecommunications Ltd
• "Good for Customer Services."
Past Participant Organisations
• Aberdeen Asset Management Asia, Agricultural Bank of China, Al-Falah Mosque, Allegro Development Asia, Arcapita.
• Beijing 101 Hair Consultants, Braid Logistics Asia.
• CapitaLand, Celanese Singapore, Chungco Technology, Civil Aviation Authority of Singapore, Concepts Golf Management, Confucius Institute, NTU, Cortina Watch, Counselling and Care Centre, Covance, Credit Counselling Singapore Society, Crowcon Detection Instruments.
• Edgen Murray, Educare Enrichment (S).
• Fortuna Scientific, Francois Marine Services.
• Garmco (S), GRID Communications.
• Hitachi Plant Technologies, Ho Lee Construction, Home Nursing Foundation, Housing & Development Board, Hwa Chong Institution - High School, Hwa Chong Institution Boarding School, Hwa Chong Institution.
• IFS Capital, IKANO, IMC Shipping Co., Integra Holdings, International Enterprise Singapore, Italmec Industries (S), ITE College Central (Bishan Campus).
• James Walker Singapore, Jardine OneSolution (2001), Jurong Police Division HQ.
• KB Associates, Keppel Corporation, Knight Auto Precision Engineering, Kupps & Sachs.
• Learning Point, Les Amis, LSH Industrial Solutions.
• Maritec Maritime and Port Authority of Singapore, Media Development Authority, Ministry of Community Development, Youth and Sports, Ministry of Education, Ministry of Manpower, Mondial Assistance (Asia), Monetary Authority of Singapore, MSIG Holdings (Asia), MTL Instruments.
• Nanyang Technological University, National Council of Social Service, National Skin Centre, National University Hospita,l NEC Asia, Nera Telecommunications, NTUC Fairprice Co-Operative, NUSS .
• OCBC Bank, OCBC Securities, Offshore Construction Services.
• Pal-Link Construction, Parliament of Singapore, Performance Motors, PerkinElmer Singapore.
• Research In Motion Singapore, Roxy-Pacific Holdings.
• SABIC Asia Pacific, SAE Institute, ShareInvestor, Singapore Children's Society, Singapore Cricket Club, Singapore Petroleum Company, Singapore Prison Service, Singapore Workforce Development Agency, SpecTec Asia Pacific, Stone Forest IT, Swiss School Association, Swissotel Merchant Court.
• Temasek Polytechnic, Tenet Insurance Company, The Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ, Transocean Eastern, Turner & Townsend, TÜV SÜD PSB.
• VICOM Inspection Centre.
• Watkins Syndicate S'pore, Woha Architects.
• Zone Telecom.