Empower leaders with the knowledge and skills to leverage EQ, resulting in better decision-making, stronger relationships, and increased team engagement
Emotional Intelligence, often abbreviated as EQ (Emotional Quotient), is a set of emotional and social skills that influence how we perceive and express ourselves, develop and maintain social relationships, cope with challenges, and use emotional information in an effective and meaningful way.
For leaders, EQ is about having the ability to understand, manage, and harness one's own emotions and the emotions of others within a leadership context. It involves being attuned to the feelings and needs of yourself and your team members, and using that awareness to make informed decisions, navigate relationships, and lead effectively.
Leaders with strong EQ can create a positive work environment, build trust and rapport with their team, resolve conflicts, and adapt to the changing needs of the organization. They are better equipped to make decisions that take into account the well-being and motivations of their team members.
Developing EQ is a valuable goal for leaders as it can lead to improved leadership performance, better team dynamics, and ultimately greater organizational success. Leadership development programs often include components that focus on enhancing emotional intelligence skills to help leaders become more effective in their roles.
• Understand the importance of emotional intelligence in leadership.
• Enhance self-awareness, self-regulation, and motivation.
• Develop empathy and social skills to build strong relationships.
• Apply emotional intelligence skills to real leadership scenarios.
- Importance of Emotional Intelligence (EQ) in leadership.
2. Self-Awareness and Self-Regulation
- Understanding and managing your own emotions.
- Exercises and self-assessments to enhance self-awareness.
- Techniques for self-regulation and staying composed under pressure.
3. Motivation and Intrinsic Drivers
- Identifying personal motivations and setting meaningful goals.
- Building a positive attitude and resilience.
- Practical exercises to boost motivation.
4. Empathy and Social Skills
- The importance of empathy in leadership.
- Developing empathy and active listening skills.
- Building strong interpersonal relationships and effective communication.
5. Quizzes and Knowledge Check
- Interactive quizzes to reinforce learning and assess participants' understanding.
6. Discussion Case Study
- Analyzing real-world leadership scenarios using EQ principles.
- Group discussions and problem-solving exercises.
7. Application and Guidance
- Applying EQ skills in their work context.
- Guidance on integrating EQ principles into their leadership roles.
8. Recap and Closing
- Review of key takeaways and learning points.
- Evaluation and feedback.
Who should attend
• The course is designed to enhance the emotional intelligence of leaders helping them improve their leadership skills, relationship management, and decision-making abilities.
• Slides & Visual
• Exercises and Activities
• Case Study
• Quizzes and Knowledge Checks
Benefits of Attending This Course
• Enhanced Leadership Skills
• Improved Communication
• Stronger Team Building
• Conflict Resolution
• Better Decision-Making
• Higher Employee Engagement
• Enhanced Relationships
• Increased Organizational Effectiveness
• Conflict Prevention
• Career Advancement
Michael Giam is an international business professional with decades of senior management experience working in highly complex and cross-cultural business environments. Michael’s international breadth of experience spans both in public institutions and private corporations focusing mainly on business fundamentals and human capital to establish clear and achievable strategic business goals.
From a Senior HR Business Partner to Senior Vice President, Michael has worked for several MNCs including CWT Distribution Limited (Singapore), International Data Corporation (USA), the Millennium & Copthorne International Hotels Group (Singapore), Marriott International (in China) and Melco China Resorts (Holding) Limited (Macau). In his tenure at CWT, Michael was appointed by the CEO as the Management Representative to lead in corporate culture development and change. He has developed, implemented and coached several action programs that were necessary in the development of a learning culture within the organization and beyond. In 2003, Michael was selected by the industry to become one of the Executive Committee Members representing the Singapore hospitality industry to provide value-added initiatives and plans to the local government in enhancing the skills and value of the local workforce. He is active in helping the community, especially those unemployed and in poverty to reskill them and bring them back to the workforce.
In recent years Michael worked in China for Marriott to open new properties and some of its flagship hotels. Michael also worked for the Society of Petroleum Engineers in Malaysia as their Asia Pacific Director of Operations responsible for organizing and managing industry-related MICE activities. In his tenure, he has also developed good relationship with key stakeholders and decision makers in many national oil companies and international oil and gas corporations. Michael also worked as an independent consultant handling several pre-opening and restructuring projects. This include assisting the GM in opening the first Wyndham flagship hotel in Singapore; worked as an interim General Manager to open an exclusive club for arts & culture professionals in Guangzhou; developed and implement a comprehensive strategic Customer Service Excellence Program for United Overseas Bank in China as well as providing professional HR service & consultation to the new rebranded Hotel Jen in Singapore.
Michael has always been interested to develop the next generation of talents and leaders. Since 1995, Michael has served as an adjunct faculty for several local and foreign universities as well as some adult learning institutions on topics including Human Resource Management, Coaching & Counselling, Business Contract & Maritime Law, Organizational Behavior, Customer Service Training and many others.
Michael received his MBA from an Australian University and holds an Advanced Certificate in Training and Assessment (Facilitated Learning). He is a registered Practicing Management Consultant (PMC), a recognized SkillsFuture Mentor for SMEs in Singapore and also a Certified Senior Professional with IHRP Singapore.
• 12 June 2024 (1st Run)
• S$ 450 per participant
• S$ 400 per participant for 2 or more participants from the same organisation
• 9 am - 5 pm
• Coffee & tea with snacks during the morning and afternoon breaks
• Lunch will be provided
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded at the end of the workshop.
Please use this form to register for our HRM SKILLS Workshops.
* Please note that the participant’s particulars will be shared with SSG (SkillsFuture Singapore) for the post-training TRAQOM (Training Quality and Outcome Measurement) survey.
STILL NOT SURE? CALL US
(65) 6337-7516, 9 am to 5 pm, Mondays to Fridays
You can register online for any of HRM SKILLS Workshops using the Registration Form or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
The information we require for email registration is as follows:
- Course Title & Date
- Participant's Full Name, NRIC/FIN, Email Address, Mobile Number
- Organisation, Company Name or Self-Sponsored
- Contact Person (If different from Participant)
- Contact Number