Emotional intelligence (EQ) is the ability to be aware of and to manage emotions and relationships. It’s a pivotal factor in personal and professional success.
Developing emotional intelligence is a key to successful leadership. Leaders with a strong mixture of emotional awareness, self-management, and social skills are able to relate better to those around them. Emotionally intelligent leaders navigate relationships more effectively and are more likely to be successful in their personal and professional lives.
This one-day training course provides an understanding of why emotionally intelligent leadership is important. It also provides practical, positive techniques for promoting and improving emotional intelligence as a leader within your business environment.
(Face-to-face training with safe distancing and precautionary measures undertaken at our hotel venues which are certified SG Clean. We will continue to adopt a small class size for all our courses)
• Understand how emotions affect interpersonal relationship and decision-making across situations, which can result in low morale and resignation among staff.
• Understand why a lack of emotional management in leaders can lead to the worst outcome thereby affecting sales, customer service and business performance
• Manage anxiety and anger by seeing from different perspectives that will lead to high employees' retention and increase in team performance
• Use emotional intelligence and knowledge to improve communication through better relationship management that will lead to happier customers and improved revenue
I. Introduction to the concept of EQ
- Why Emotional Intelligent is important for effective leadership
- Four core skills required to practice emotional intelligence
- Adopting effective leadership behaviors and attitude
- Active Emotional Awareness
- Benefits of EQ
II. Understanding and Managing Myself
- Personal Competence
- Social Competence
- What makes People act the way they do
- Manage EI with others
- How to manage anxieties as a Leader?
- How to enhance self-awareness and self-management skills with EQ?
III. Self- Assessment of my Relationship
- Exemplifying emotional self-control
- Reflection exercise and Action Planning
IV. Leadership with Emotional Intelligence
- Effective Leadership: the focus and vision
- Building the qualities of leadership
- Delegating with emotional intelligence
- Conflict styles
- Resolving Conflicts
V. Understanding and Managing Team Dynamics
- Causes of Poor Group Dynamics
- Giving and getting feedback in a positive manner
- Applying EQ Positively in Remote Teams
- Emphatic listening and responding
- EDGE Model (Explore, Discover, Grow and Execute)
- Analysis of the importance of EQ in remote team working
- How to use EQ to best effect when interacting with colleagues
- Case studies
Who Should Attend
- The program is suitable for leaders, managers, executives, supervisors, and anyone who wants to learn how to be more successful with relationships building and increased performance at work.
Benefits of Attending This Course
- Increased self-awareness
- Increased Self-management
- Increased empathy
- Collaborative communication
- High performance-driven results
- Increased Social Awareness
- Increased Relationship Management
What Questions This Training Program Provides Answers To:
Question: How does the program help strengthen my team performance?
Answer: It can boost your emotional intelligence, build stronger relationships among team members and achieve your goals.
Question: Is not IQ just enough to be an effective leader? Why do I need to attend this training?
Answer: Intellectual ability is not enough on its own to achieve success in life or career. Your IQ can help you get good educational qualifications, but it is your EQ that will help you manage the stress and emotions when dealing with individuals. Hence, such training helps create the awareness and understand emotions.
Chris Anthony began his career as an Industrial Relations Officer with one of the largest trade unions in Singapore. Later, he moved on to spend almost 32 years in the hospitality and service industry within the region and internationally as a Human Resources professional.
A highly experienced consultant and facilitator, he is committed to a personal mission of “empowering people to find their voices towards achieving their goals”.
Chris has facilitated many training workshops for Managerial and Supervisory Staff in countries like Cambodia, Thailand, Brunei, Guam, Malaysia, China, Maldives, Dubai, Abu Dhabi and Singapore.
He is passionate about learning and development as a tool to impact productivity at the operational level and strategies at the management level. Over the years he has trained, coached and mentored over 10,000 people at various levels across several countries and industries and has had successful stint in the corporate world as well as a professional facilitator.
Chris graduated with a Degree in Business Administration, majoring in Human Resources Management. He is a Trainer & Facilitator in the areas of Organizational and Leadership Development, Strategic HRM, Learning and Development, Talent Management.
Chris is also a Certified Coach and Practitioner in Neuro Linguistic Programming (NLP) and possesses an Advanced Certificate in Training Assessment (ACTA).
• 19 November 2021 (1st Run)
Duration / Venue
• 9 am - 5 pm
• Hotel seminar room
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded at the end of the workshop.
• S$ 450 per participant
• S$ 400 per participant for 2 or more participants from the same organisation
• Coffee & tea with snacks during the morning and afternoon breaks
• Lunch will be provided
Please use this form to register for our HRM SKILLS Workshops.
* Please note that the participant’s particulars will be shared with SSG (SkillsFuture Singapore) for the post-training TRAQOM (Training Quality and Outcome Measurement) survey.
STILL NOT SURE? CALL US
(65) 6337-7516 or 6338-8487, 9 am to 5 pm, Mondays to Fridays
You can register online for any of HRM SKILLS Workshops using the Registration Form or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
The information we require for email registration is as follows:
- Course Title & Date
- Participant's Full Name, NRIC/FIN, Email Address, Mobile Number
- Organisation, Company Name or Self-Sponsored
- Contact Person (If different from Participant)
- Contact Number