While leaders set the direction, they must also use management and special skills to guide their people to the desired destination in a smooth and efficient way.
Whether you manage a department or a project team, it is important to know how to get the work done right. When you are required to achieve something with the help of others, it is complex, and you often spend much time managing relationships instead of doing the actual work. So, you must develop not only your technical skills but your domain-general skills as well.
There is a plethora of skills that a manager needs to be effective, but which are the essential ones and most immediately required while others can be developed over time?
This one-day workshop will focus on the few essential skills a manager needs. You'll learn how each of these skill sets impacts a manager's ability to effectively lead his or her employees.
(Training Venues: In view of the current COVID-19 situation, we will maintain a small class size for all our courses. Hotels have taken strict measures such as daily disinfecting of all seminar rooms, cleaning the lift buttons and door knobs, temperature taking for our participants and hand sanitizers are also available)
(Social Distancing: Traditional classroom setting with only ONE participant at each table, with a distance of one metre apart from another. Comfortable seating space at the lunch area. All participants have to wear a mask during the training)
• To appreciate the relationship between leadership and management in the pursuit of business goals and objectives.
• To appreciate the importance of setting objectives and KPIs to achieve desired performance outcome.
• To understand the essential skills necessary to effectively lead team members to the desired destination.
• To understand how the essential skills in this workshop are used for effective and efficient implementation of strategies to achieve your department goals and objectives.
• To learn tools for the essential skills
I. Recognizing the key to motivate employees to achieve higher performance.
• Learn the steps to involved recognition
• How to be a Contagious Leader
• Applying the 5 strategy
• Learning that Money is not the best form of recognition
II. The importance of good listening skills.
• Better understand the importance of listening
• 3 Keys of good listening skills
• Learn to listen louder in the workplace
• How to be an effective listening facilitator.
III. How to increase productivity through motivated employees?
• Practice motivating using the 4 modes of performance
• Learning the motivational jobs of the Manager.
IV. How to ensure that you have an effective planning system?
• Learn a 7- step formula for effective planning
• Understand the importance of long-range, intermediate and short-range goals
• Discover ways to gain employee involvement and commitment to planning
• Turning intentions into commitment
Who should attend
• First Line Managers, Senior Executives, Supervisors and those potentially groomed to be Managers.
Benefits of Attending This Course
Learn the tools of becoming an effective manager to be able to motivate your staff to achieve the highest level of performance and ensuring that they have the right planning skills and becoming a good listening manager to their subordinates.
What questions this training program provides answers to:
To equip first line managers with the basic essential skills to be an effective manager to his team, by understanding and practising the skills during the workshops through role plays and discussions.
Adrian Wong has more than 25 years of experience as a Senior Regional HR Professional with many years of experience in diverse industry especially manufacturing, food and beverage, FMCG, Supply Chain, freight and logistics, consultancy and Information, education, financial ratings and research sectors.
Adrian has worked as the Corporate HR Director, Asia Pacific for McGraw Hill Companies, Vice-President HR for EGL Asia Pacific Holdings Company Pte Ltd, Vice-President HR International Division for Japfa International Pte Ltd, Regional HR and Quality Director, Exel Way & QSHE Director for MSAS/Exel/DHL, Personnel Manager for Motorola Electronics and General Motors.
He covers more than 12 countries in Asia Pacific from India to Japan, China and down south to New Zealand. He led HR teams in different countries reporting to him and covers the full spectrum of HR activities: talent acquisition, total rewards, training and development including change management, HR Operations and benefits for the region. His experience covers a number of Mergers and Acquisitions, takeovers, HR workforce restructuring, corporate social responsibility, HR Outsourcing, Employee communications, Industrial and Union negotiation, etc. His training experience includes Corporate Internal Trainer for Management Leadership Programs, leadership programs for First Line managers, Business Development programs, leadership transition programs.
While he was with the Supply Chain Industry, he has responsibility over Quality, Safety and Environment covering Asia pacific countries and directs ISO Quality certification programs, 1800 safety management and 1400 Environment programs for the group. He also developed the leadership management program jointly with NUS Business Management School for young leaders and covers the Exel Way launch for Asia.
Adrian is a certified DISC and DDI facilitator and was also a part time lecturer for an Australian University for its Bachelor and Masters programs (International Human Resource Management Modules) and a local Institute for its Human Resource Management, Training & Development and Strategic Management programs. He is currently one of the trainers for HRSINGAPORE's HR Certification Courses.
Adrian possess a Masters of Business Administration (MBA) and a Masters of Arts in Human Development. He also possess Diplomas in Management Consultancy, Marketing, Industrial Management, Human Resource, Quality and Production Engineering.
• Date to be advised (1st Run)
• S$ 450 per participant
• S$ 400 per participant for 2 or more participants from the same organisation
Duration / Venue
• 9 am - 5 pm
• Hotel seminar room
• Coffee & tea with snacks during the morning and afternoon breaks
• Buffet lunch with vegetarian & halal options
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded at the end of the workshop.
Please use this form to register for our HRM SKILLS Workshops.
* Please note that the participant’s particulars will be shared with SSG (SkillsFuture Singapore) for the post-training TRAQOM (Training Quality and Outcome Measurement) survey.
STILL NOT SURE? CALL US
(65) 6337-7516 or 6338-8487, 9 am to 5 pm, Mondays to Fridays
You can register online for any of HRM SKILLS Workshops using the Registration Form or send an email to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
The information we require for email registration is as follows:
- Course Title & Date
- Participant's Full Name, NRIC/FIN, Email Address, Mobile Number
- Organisation, Company Name or Self-Sponsored
- Contact Person (If different from Participant)
- Contact Number
Past Participants' Comments
Past Participant Organisations