In the business world of competition, company needs to grow to capture more market shares to survive. While organic growth is natural and the most common method used, growing through merger & acquisition (M&A) , if properly executed, can achieve the same result in a better and faster way.
Understanding various aspects of M&A will give senior management another option to consider when the opportunity arises, best still, such opportunity may be created due to the in-depth knowledge and understanding of the process. The end result is to enhance shareholders value.
• To understand why 90% of the M&A deals fail subsequently despite of its good intention.
• To appreciate why M&A is a good alternative for growing businesses.
• To learn what to look for when conducting M&A due diligence to ensure a better success rate.
• To learn how to value the targeted company.
• At the end of the course, participants will have a good understanding how to execute a successful M&A from initial phase of identifying potential targets , carrying out proper due diligence, to successful integration.
I. M& A Trend
• World wide
II. Various considerations before & during M&A process
• Strategic Plan
• Due diligence
• Acquisition process
• Management of integration
• People issue
III. Valuation method & some basic concepts
• Basic financial statements
• Discounted cash-flow
• Terminal value
IV. Lessons learnt from how company integrates acquisitions
V. What to look out for during due diligence
• Commercial & Business-sense
• Business prospect /forecast
• Cultural fit/Human resource
• Technology & IT related matters
• Legal issue
• Case studies
Seow Sin Leng has 40 years of working experience in small & medium size manufacturing firms locally & regionally. His roles involve mainly in finance, human resources, due diligence for M&A , management. The industries cover shipbuilding & repairing, paper products, printed circuits boards assembly (PCBA), equipment build, monitor, liquid crystal displays (LCD) and printed circuit board (PCB). As CFO and senior management , he involved IPO ( Initial public offer) of a company for listing in the Singapore Stock Exchange.
• Date to be advised
• S$ 450 per participant
• S$ 400 per participant for 2 participants from the same organisation
• S$ 350 per participant for 3 or more participants from the same organisation
• 9 am - 1 pm (Half Day - Lunch will be provided)
• PIC Claimable for Company Sponsored Participants.
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded at the end of the workshop.
• Coffee & tea with snacks during the morning breaks
• Buffet lunch with vegetarian & halal options
Please use this form to register for our HRM SKILLS Workshops.
STILL NOT SURE? CALL US
(65) 6337-7516 or 6338-8487, 9 am to 5 pm, Mondays to Fridays
You can register online for any of HRM SKILLS Workshops using the Registration Form or send an email to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
The information we require for email registration is as follows:
- Course Title & Date
- Participant's Full Name
- Organisation, Company Name or Self-Sponsored
- Contact Person (If different from Participant)
- Contact Number