This one day workshop will equip you with models of team dynamics and team effectiveness as well as strategies and skills to develop an effective and high performing team.
"The difference between success and failure is a great team"
How much one person can achieve is minuscule compared to what a team can achieve. If so much work is done by teams, isn’t it important that we learn how to build teams that are effective and high performing?
The ability to build and develop a high performing team is a critical skill to have if you need to lead or manage a team or group of people. Whether you’re a team leader, supervisor, manager or project manager it is important to know the key principles and develop the skills to build a high performing team.
• To understand the characteristics and differences between a group and a team.
• Appreciate and internalize the dynamics that can happen in a team.
• Apply the knowledge of team dynamics, team dysfunctions and team development stages to guide team leader actions in developing a high performing team.
• Describe the critical factors to pay attention to in team member selection.
• Apply structural and process strategies to develop a high performing team.
• Apply and practice the skills to manage and develop team members.
• Develop a personal action plan to build an effective and high performing team.
I. Understanding Teams
• Difference between a group and a team.
• Stages of team development.
II. What makes a Team Effective & High Performing
• Team dynamics.
• Model for Team Effectiveness.
• Diagnosing Team Effectiveness.
• Dysfunctions of a Team.
III. Building the Team
• Team member selection.
• What to look for.
• Diversity, Skills, Attitude, Fit.
IV. Leading High Performing Team - Part 1
• Purpose/Mission and Goal Setting.
• Connecting with Individual Team Members.
• Building the culture.
• Team Roles and Processes.
V. Leading High Performing Team - Part 2
• Managing Conflict.
• Developing Leaders.
VI. Personal Action Plan
• Reflection, integration and synthesis of insights.
• Develop personal action plan.
Who should attend
• Project Managers, Team Leaders, People Managers, HR Executives, HR Managers, Training Executives, Training Managers.
• Anyone who needs to build effective teams or support the development of high performing teams.
Chris Chew has 18 years of experience working in large multinationals like Shell, Motorola and Bunge and top local institutions. He has also had hands-on experience in IT management, project management, service and operations management, corporate training, consulting, organizational development, organizational learning and change management work. He was the Head of Organizational Development and Change at his previous organization where he helped to develop the learning culture, enhance employee engagement and strengthen the corporate culture.
Chris is currently an organizational learning & development consultant/practitioner helping schools, institutions of higher learning and organizations in developing the capability of their people. His passion and purpose is to help people be more effective motivated and fulfilled in what they do.
He has conducted and facilitated various workshops such as managing change and transition, team effectiveness, inter-team alignment, consulting skills, presentation skills, facilitation skills, leadership skills and design thinking, as well as large group events for company and management retreats. He is also the author of the book “Conversations About Success – What Matters and How to Achieve It”
Chris was the lead adjunct lecturer in Organizational Development and Change at a local University. He also lectured on Strategic HR Management and Business Management. He is also a certified DISC, I-OPT facilitator and ACTA certified trainer.
Chris holds a Master of Organizational Leadership (Leadership, Policy and Change) from Monash University, Australia as well as a Bachelor of Engineering (Hons) from Nanyang Technological University, Singapore.
• Date to be advised
• S$ 450 per participant
• S$ 400 per participant for 2 participants from the same organisation
• S$ 350 per participant for 3 or more participants from the same organisation
• 9 am - 5 pm
• PIC Claimable for Company Sponsored Participants.
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded at the end of the workshop.
• Coffee & tea with snacks during the morning and afternoon breaks
• Buffet lunch with vegetarian & halal options
Please use this form to register for our HRM SKILLS Workshops.
STILL NOT SURE? CALL US
(65) 6337-7516 or 6338-8487, 9 am to 5 pm, Mondays to Fridays
You can register online for any of HRM SKILLS Workshops using the Registration Form or send an email to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
The information we require for email registration is as follows:
- Course Title & Date
- Participant's Full Name
- Organisation, Company Name or Self-Sponsored
- Contact Person (If different from Participant)
- Contact Number