This course helps participants prepare and conduct win-win business negotiations, using different negotiation styles and skills.
Negotiation is a method by which people settle differences. It is a process by which an agreement is reached to avoid argument or dispute. The aim is to have a win-win situation where both parties are acceptable to the solution and they believe they have won in some way. You can negotiate anything with the right methods, techniques and tools.
This one day workshop introduces you to a systematic approach to handling negotiations at work by utilising your creative strengths. You will feel more confident and comfortable in negotiation situations after this programme as you will be able to achieve win-win outcomes using different negotiation styles and skills.
(Face-to-face training at our hotel venues which are certified SG Clean)
• Apply a systematic approach to negotiation
• Know what information is needed to negotiate effective outcomes.
• Achieve 'win-win' outcomes by collaborating with your negotiating partners
• Feel more confident when negotiating
• Monitor and evaluate negotiation outcomes against objectives
• Experiment with new techniques and test their effectiveness in the safety of the classroom
1. Stages of negotiation
• Understanding the four stages of the negotiation process
• Certain characteristics of the negotiation process
2. What to avoid during negotiations?
• Negotiation mistakes to avoid
• Key to successful negotiation
3. Managing difficult behaviour and situations
• Controlling your emotions and responses
• How to handle high-pressure negotiations
4. Dealing with opposition
• Two forms of opposition
• Difference between idea opponents & visceral opponents
5. Different types of negotiation styles
• What are the five distinct negotiation styles
• Understanding the negotiating styles of Thomas and Kilman
6. Establishing a specific game plan
• Know what you are trying to establish
• Approaching negotiation with a clear set of strategies
7. 5 steps to achieving a win – win situation
• Understanding the importance of reaching a win-win negotiation
• Mastering the 5 quick steps
8. Special negotiation cases
• Examples of best negotiation case studies
• Worst negotiation cases
9. Monitoring and evaluating negotiation outcomes
• Finalizing negotiations
• Criteria to evaluate negotiation success
• Case studies
• Role Plays
• Group work
Who should attend
• Anyone responsible for internal or external negotiation.
Kay Nalla has dedicated 18 years of her life training staff and colleagues on customer service, personal grooming and make up and selling techniques while performing her managerial duties in the sales and marketing field. Her love and passion to interact with people propelled her to work in travel agencies, various hotels (F&B, room sales & banquet), The Singapore Changi Airport and well established spas like Clarins, Haach and Bonafides.
Kay’s responsibilities include managing all aspects from recruiting new staff, training them to their best potential, implementing effective promotions to accomplish the sales revenue for the outlet, managing customer’s needs and wants and also holding talks for the clients on various beneficial topics including body language, active listening skills and more. Her extensive experience and knowledge in the hospitality arena coupled with her genuine desire to share has made her a much sought after speaker.
Kay was invited to hold talks and conduct workshops for government bodies, country clubs, hospitals, banks, spas and other sectors including Singapore Police Force, Singapore Girl’s Home, Singapore Changi Prison, Panasonic, Rendezvous Hotel and more.
Kay is a MOE approved and certified ACTA trainer. She holds a Diploma in Travel and Ticketing (IATA/UFTAA), Diploma in Aesthetics (Beauty), NITEC in Face Care, LCCI in Marketing and possesses a Certificate for Personal Grooming. She was also awarded a Super host Certificate from The Singapore Tourism Board.
• 14 December 2022 (2nd Run)
• S$ 450 per participant
• S$ 400 per participant for 2 or more participants from the same organisation
Duration / Venue
• 9 am - 5 pm
• Hotel seminar room
• Coffee & tea with snacks during the morning and afternoon breaks
• Lunch will be provided
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded at the end of the workshop.
Please use this form to register for our HRM SKILLS Workshops.
* Please note that the participant’s particulars will be shared with SSG (SkillsFuture Singapore) for the post-training TRAQOM (Training Quality and Outcome Measurement) survey.
STILL NOT SURE? CALL US
(65) 6337-7516 or 6338-8487, 9 am to 5 pm, Mondays to Fridays
Past Participants' Comments
Past Participant Organisations
• National Environment Agency.
• QST Dental, QST Technologies.
• Republic Polytechnic.
• Singapore Corporation of Rehabilitative Enterprises, Smile Concept Dental Practice, STMicroelectronics Asia Pacific.