Networking is becoming increasingly important in securing business opportunities. Successful business relationships rely more than ever on personal contact. Image, courtesy, politeness, and etiquettes are necessary in all our business and personal relationships.
The way you conduct yourself in business events, enables you to establish a strong personal brand, which again, allows you to promote yourself professionally. Through a step-by-step approach, this program allows participants to create their own business networking strategy, that will help them generate new sales leads and deepen connections with their existing contacts.
(Training Venues: In view of the current COVID-19 situation, we will maintain small class size for all our courses. Hotels has taken strict measures such as daily disinfecting of all seminar rooms, cleaning the lift buttons and door knobs, temperature taking for our participants and hand sanitizers are also available)
(Social Distancing: Traditional classroom setting with only ONE participant at each table, with a distance of one metre apart from another. Comfortable seating space at the lunch area. All participants have to wear a mask during the training)
• Build relationship through networking.
• Initiate small talk at networking sessions.
• Understand Verbal and non-verbal communication components.
• Build self-confidence through networking.
I. Understanding Business Networking
• What is networking?
• The Business Networking Process
• Key things In Networking
II. Steps in Business Networking
• Planning for Networking
• Connecting with your contacts
• Turning Strangers to Advocate
• Networking Ladder of Loyalty
• Adding value to your contacts
• The Communication and Connection
• Building long-term relationships
III. Networking Tools
• Using Social Media
• The Networking Planner
• Self-Branding for Networking
- External Branding
- Internal Branding
• Corporate Image and Grooming
• The Success Indicators
• Dining Etiquette
• Business Etiquette
- Define Business Etiquette
- Type of Manners and Behavior in a Business Setting
- Methods to Improve Business Etiquette
- Eliminating Unprofessional Conduct
- Business Etiquette and Electronic Communication
IV. Communication Skills in Business Networking
• Verbal and Non-verbal Communication
• The Art of Listening
• Asking Good Questions
• The First Impression
• The Connection
• Keys to remembering names
• Understanding Body Language
• Your Elevator Pitch
• The Art of Handshake
• Identify different types of networking.
• Explore the importance of networking for career success.
• Examine the areas of networking.
• Identify the connection between networking and communication.
• Learn to present professionally and confidently at business meals.
Who should attend
• Anyone who needs to gain confidence in making contacts and fostering long-term relationships.
Carina Tien has over 20 years of corporate experiences in various multinational companies. Her experience and exposure include customer relations, human resources, training & development, sales administration, secretarial, advertising and business development.
Carina is a Certified Corporate Trainer specializes in communication skills training and an expert in voice coaching. Her areas of focus include Business Etiquette, Problem Solving, Conflict Management, Interpersonal Skills, Assertive Skills, Goal Setting and Personal Effectiveness, Customer Service and Handling Difficult People/Customers. She has conducted numerous workshops for both MNCs and SMEs in the past years and had been interviewed in the media such as Singapore’s News Radio 93.8 Live and Pop Radio Station 933. Carina also contributes articles to the Straits Times Career Guide.
A powerful presenter, Carina takes keen interest in research and development of workshops, keeping in mind participants’ various organizational behaviours and work habits. Her conviction with regard to potential in every human being to excel beyond his imagination is very strong and forms the basis of her training. The key to success is the belief in ourselves. She evokes a positive self-response within individuals so that they start believing in their own capabilities. It gives her immense pleasure to witness her audience’s paradigm shift during and after the workshops. Her mission in life is to assist individuals to flourish and progress even during extreme stress and adverse circumstances and to be a source of positivity and inspiration for the community and colleagues around them.
Carina has a Degree in Business & Human Resource Management. She also has Diplomas in Communication Studies, Advertising, Business Administration, Image Consulting, and in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL), as well as a Professional Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, a Certificate in Practical Counseling as well as an Advanced Certificate In Training & Assessment (ACTA).
Carina is a Certified Master Life Coach and NLP Practitioner and is effectively bilingual in English, Mandarin and local dialects.
• Date to be advised (1st Run)
• S$ 450 per participant
• S$ 400 per participant for 2 or more participants from the same organisation
Duration / Venue
• 9 am - 5 pm
• Hotel seminar room
• Coffee & tea with snacks during the morning and afternoon breaks
• Buffet lunch with vegetarian & halal options
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded at the end of the workshop.
Please use this form to register for our HRM SKILLS Workshops.
STILL NOT SURE? CALL US
(65) 6337-7516 or 6338-8487, 9 am to 5 pm, Mondays to Fridays
You can register online for any of HRM SKILLS Workshops using the Registration Form or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
The information we require for email registration is as follows:
- Course Title & Date
- Participant's Full Name
- Organisation, Company Name or Self-Sponsored
- Contact Person (If different from Participant)
- Contact Number