The ability to coach is an important leadership competency in today's environment. When leaders are able to coach, they can engage, improve performance and maximise the potential of their employees. Thus, coaching is a powerful tool that brings tremendous positive results for the individuals, leaders and organisation.
This one day workshop equips you with the knowledge and skills for conducting performance and career conversations effectively, basing on a structured approach which includes coaching mindset, model and skills.
(Training Venues: In view of the current COVID-19 situation, we will maintain small class size for all our courses. Hotels has taken strict measures such as daily disinfecting of all seminar rooms, cleaning the lift buttons and door knobs, temperature taking for our participants and hand sanitizers are also available)
(Social Distancing: Traditional classroom setting with only ONE participant at each table, with a distance of one metre apart from another. Comfortable seating space at the lunch area. All participants have to wear a mask during the training)
• Develop trust, openness and respect
• Engage, empower and motivate employees
• Enable employees to take ownership at work
• Unleash employees potential to bring out their best
1. Understanding performance and career development as a leadership role and employee engagement opportunity
2. Factors affecting performance and ways to handle different types of performers
3. Handling difficult employee conversations using a Let’s TALK approach which is solution and coaching based for higher performance
4. Take stock of each employee’s strengths, personalities, values, interests and beliefs as a base for career management
5. What is coaching and benefits of using coaching process for employee engagement
6. Difference between coaching and counselling, training and consulting
7. Coaching Framework and Process Model
8. Set SMART performance and career goals
9. Use of coaching questions to draw out the potential of employee
10. Develop employees through various learning and career options
11. Core coaching skills of building rapport, listening and questioning
12. Use the GROW model in career conversations
Who should attend
• For HR Managers or Managers who want to conduct coaching conversations to enhance their employees’ performance and career results
• Interactive exercises
• Role plays
Benefits of Attending This Course
• Build excellent relationships through empowering and engaging employees at work
• Develop and retain employees through effective performance and career conversations
• Develop coaching skills as a leader
What questions this training programme provides answers to:
• What is coaching and why is it important?
• Who benefits from coaching?
• How is coaching applied to performance and career conversations?
Susan Fong brings with her more than 20 years of working experience in the field of Human Resource Management and Development. Her experience spans across industries like telecommunications, market research, information technology and healthcare. She was holding managerial positions in various organisations and her last position was Senior Manager, Learning and Development, in a local large organisation.
Susan conducts various programmes, ranging from personal development to leadership. She has conducted programmes on Leadership Development, Competency-Based Interview and teambuilding. She is also certified as a DISC Behavioural Consultant, NLP Practitioner and WSQ-ESS programme facilitator.
Having been in the role of a Senior Human Resource Practitioner with management responsibilities, Susan has leadership and facilitation experience. As such, she is able to share and impart her knowledge and experience in areas like interviewing skills, performance management and people management. She has conducted numerous training sessions for organisations such as ACNielsen Research, Tan Tock Seng Hospital, Parkway Health, Starhub, Sanmina-SCI, John Wiley and Sons, NTUC First Campus, DTZ, Jurong Port and more.
Her passion lies in being able to contribute to improving the competencies of her participants through interactive sessions. She firmly believes that competent people make a big and positive difference to the organisation.
Susan holds a Bachelor of Business in Business Administration (Distinction Award) and also a Graduate Diploma in Personnel Management (Bronze Award). She is also certified in Advanced Certificate in Training and Assessment (ACTA).
• 9 December 2020 (1st Run)
• S$ 450 per participant
• S$ 400 per participant for 2 or more participants from the same organisation
Duration / Venue
• 9 am - 5 pm
• Hotel seminar room
• Coffee & tea with snacks during the morning and afternoon breaks
• Buffet lunch with vegetarian & halal options
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded at the end of the workshop.
Please use this form to register for our HRM SKILLS Workshops.
* Please note that the participant’s particulars will be shared with SSG (SkillsFuture Singapore) for the post-training TRAQOM (Training Quality and Outcome Measurement) survey.
STILL NOT SURE? CALL US
(65) 6337-7516 or 6338-8487, 9 am to 5 pm, Mondays to Fridays
You can register online for any of HRM SKILLS Workshops using the Registration Form or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
The information we require for email registration is as follows:
- Course Title & Date
- Participant's Full Name, NRIC/FIN, Email Address, Mobile Number
- Organisation, Company Name or Self-Sponsored
- Contact Person (If different from Participant)
- Contact Number