We are all faced with problems and have to make decisions on a daily basis. To solve problems effectively, we need to drill down through the symptoms to the underlying causes. Problem solving involves both analytical and creative skills.
This one day program allows participants to learn the fundamentals of problem solving skills, which include defining the root problem, analyzing the problem, selecting and developing a solution as well as evaluating the implemented solution.
Participants will have the opportunity to apply the techniques learn to real problems which can be applied on their job.
(Training Venues: In view of the current COVID-19 situation, we will maintain small class size for all our courses. Hotels has taken strict measures such as daily disinfecting of all seminar rooms, cleaning the lift buttons and door knobs, temperature taking for our participants and hand sanitizers are also available)
(Social Distancing: Traditional classroom setting with only ONE participant at each table, with a distance of one metre apart from another. Comfortable seating space at the lunch area. All participants have to wear a mask during the training)
• Learn to detect a problem before it escalates
• Using Problem Solving Model to problems resolution
• Ability to gather and evaluate information prior to brainstorming
• Making sound decisions based on criteria selection
• Evaluate and make changes to the implemented solutions
Participants completing the course will be able to:
• Anticipate and identify problems prior to escalation
• Identify the sources for gathering information and the types of information required
• Apply Problem Solving Model to generate solutions.
• Analyze the generated solutions and make the comparison
• Make appropriate decisions based on criteria selection.
• Develop action plans to implement the solutions and how to evaluate them
I. Understanding Problems
• How does problem occur?
• What is a problem?
• How problems affect an organisation?
• Understand your mindset in problem solving
II. The Problem Solving Model
III. Detecting Potential Problems
• Identify the symptoms of possible problems
• Problems vs goals
• Single problems vs multiple problems
• Barriers in problem solving
IV. Gathering Information
• Types of information and where to get them
• How to analyze the gathered Information
V. Identify Possible Solutions
• Techniques in idea generation
• Convergent vs divergent thinking
• Time management in problem solving
• Case Activity and discussion
VI. Problem Solving Models
• Questioning and Elimination Techniques
VII. Selection and Decision Making
• Evaluation of ideas through possible criteria
• The implementing Process
• Know your objectives
• Performance Measurement Index
• Developing Action Plan
• Barriers in Implementation
• Evaluate and Modification
VIII. Case study and discussion
Who should attend
• This workshop is meant for all Executives and Supervisors who wish to enhance their Problem-Solving and Decision-Making techniques.
Carina Tien has over 20 years of corporate experiences in various multinational companies. Her experience and exposure include customer relations, human resources, training & development, sales administration, secretarial, advertising and business development.
Carina is a Certified Corporate Trainer specializes in communication skills training and an expert in voice coaching. Her areas of focus include Business Etiquette, Problem Solving, Conflict Management, Interpersonal Skills, Assertive Skills, Goal Setting and Personal Effectiveness, Customer Service and Handling Difficult People/Customers. She has conducted numerous workshops for both MNCs and SMEs in the past years and had been interviewed in the media such as Singapore’s News Radio 93.8 Live and Pop Radio Station 933. Carina also contributes articles to the Straits Times Career Guide.
A powerful presenter, Carina takes keen interest in research and development of workshops, keeping in mind participants’ various organizational behaviours and work habits. Her conviction with regard to potential in every human being to excel beyond his imagination is very strong and forms the basis of her training. The key to success is the belief in ourselves. She evokes a positive self-response within individuals so that they start believing in their own capabilities. It gives her immense pleasure to witness her audience’s paradigm shift during and after the workshops. Her mission in life is to assist individuals to flourish and progress even during extreme stress and adverse circumstances and to be a source of positivity and inspiration for the community and colleagues around them.
Carina received her Degree in Business & Human Resource Management from UK. She also processes Diploma in Communication Studies, Diploma in Advertising, Diploma in Business Administration, Diploma in Image Consulting, Diploma in Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Diploma in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL), Professional Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Certificate in Practical Counseling as well as an Advanced Certificate In Training & Assessment (ACTA).
Carina is a Certified Master Life Coach and NLP Practitioner and is effectively bilingual in English, Mandarin and local dialects.
• 12 January 2021 (1st Run)
• S$ 450 per participant
• S$ 400 per participant for 2 or more participants from the same organisation
Duration / Venue
• 9 am - 5 pm
• Hotel seminar room
• Coffee & tea with snacks during the morning and afternoon breaks
• Buffet lunch with vegetarian & halal options
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded at the end of the workshop.
Please use this form to register for our HRM SKILLS Workshops.
* Please note that the participant’s particulars will be shared with SSG (SkillsFuture Singapore) for the post-training TRAQOM (Training Quality and Outcome Measurement) survey.
STILL NOT SURE? CALL US
(65) 6337-7516 or 6338-8487, 9 am to 5 pm, Mondays to Fridays
You can register online for any of HRM SKILLS Workshops using the Registration Form or send an email to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
The information we require for email registration is as follows:
- Course Title & Date
- Participant's Full Name, NRIC/FIN, Email Address, Mobile Number
- Organisation, Company Name or Self-Sponsored
- Contact Person (If different from Participant)
- Contact Number