This course provides participants with strong leadership skills, like delegating tasks, leading teams, decision making and much more.
Transiting from individual contributor to supervisory role requires a new set of knowledge and skills. Why take the long, hard rocky road of trial and error to supervisory success when you can jump-start your skills in just one day? It's important that you are equipped with the skills required to ensure your team is productive and motivated to perform at their highest level.
Anyone who supervises others, especially those who are new to supervising/managing, will benefit from our course developed for managers and supervisors. This course provides you with strong leadership skills, like delegating tasks to others, leading teams, communicating effectively, giving feedback, problem solving and decision making and much more. You would have greater confidence in managing and motivating teams that achieve organizational goals and are engaged at work.
Face-to-face training has resumed with safe distancing measures undertaken at our hotel venues which are certified SG Clean. We will continue to adopt a small class size for all our courses and apologise if we are unable to accept your registration if the course status shows "Confirmed & Closed".
• Apply management and leadership roles and responsibilities.
• Build high-performance teams.
• Manage team strategically.
• Give constructive feedback and engaging staff conversations.
• Delegate tasks to the right person in the right way
• Engage and motivate staff
• Conduct effective meetings
• Identify role of manager and leader
• Understand Life Cycle of Teams and use GRPR model to build high performance teams
• Apply Let's TALK approach to staff conversations that brings engagement and results
• Acquire the Art of Delegation – knowing who, what and how to delegate
• Apply Leadership styles and techniques to motivate and engage staff
• 5 steps to conducting effective meetings
Who should attend
• Team Supervisors, Leaders, Managers who want to achieve great results by engaging and developing the team members.
To anchor the learning and winning behaviour, the workshop incorporates:
• Practical group discussions
• Interactive exercises and role plays
• Case study
• Checklists for skill application
Benefits of Attending This Course
• Achieve organizational results through people by engaging minds, hearts and hands.
What questions this training programme provides answers to:
• What is the difference between manager and leader?
• How do I handle challenging staff conversations?
• How do I give constructive feedback without demotivating the staff?
• How do I achieve the best outcome in meetings?
• How do I delegate to the right person and ensure successful outcome?
• How do I bring out the best in people?
Susan Fong brings with her more than 20 years of working experience in the field of Human Resource Management and Development. Her experience spans across industries like telecommunications, market research, information technology and healthcare. She was holding managerial positions in various organisations and her last position was Senior Manager, Learning and Development, in a local large organisation.
Susan conducts various programmes, ranging from personal development to leadership. She has conducted programmes on Leadership Development, Competency-Based Interview and teambuilding. She is also certified as a DISC Behavioural Consultant, NLP Practitioner and WSQ-ESS programme facilitator.
Having been in the role of a Senior Human Resource Practitioner with management responsibilities, Susan has leadership and facilitation experience. As such, she is able to share and impart her knowledge and experience in areas like interviewing skills, performance management and people management. She has conducted numerous training sessions for organisations such as ACNielsen Research, Tan Tock Seng Hospital, Parkway Health, Starhub, Sanmina-SCI, John Wiley and Sons, NTUC First Campus, DTZ, Jurong Port and more.
Her passion lies in being able to contribute to improving the competencies of her participants through interactive sessions. She firmly believes that competent people make a big and positive difference to the organisation.
Susan holds a Bachelor of Business in Business Administration (Distinction Award) and also a Graduate Diploma in Personnel Management (Bronze Award). She is also certified in Advanced Certificate in Training and Assessment (ACTA).
• 6 May 2021 (5th Run)
• S$ 450 per participant
• S$ 400 per participant for 2 or more participants from the same organisation
Duration / Venue
• 9 am - 6 pm
• Hotel seminar room
• Coffee & tea with snacks during the morning and afternoon breaks
• Buffet lunch with vegetarian & halal options
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded at the end of the workshop.
Please use this form to register for our HRM SKILLS Workshops.
* Please note that the participant’s particulars will be shared with SSG (SkillsFuture Singapore) for the post-training TRAQOM (Training Quality and Outcome Measurement) survey.
STILL NOT SURE? CALL US
(65) 6337-7516 or 6338-8487, 9 am to 5 pm, Mondays to Fridays
You can register online for any of HRM SKILLS Workshops using the Registration Form or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
The information we require for email registration is as follows:
- Course Title & Date
- Participant's Full Name, NRIC/FIN, Email Address, Mobile Number
- Organisation, Company Name or Self-Sponsored
- Contact Person (If different from Participant)
- Contact Number
Past Participants' Comments
• "The workshop showcases real life cases which is applicable to my workplace".
• "All parts were relevant and useful" - Manikkam, Muniandy, Abbott Manufacturing Singapore
• "Very interactive and informative session"
Past Participant Organisations
• A & T Freight Management, ACRA, Aspacio Design Associates, Atacora, At-Sunrice GlobalChef Academy, AVA Insurance Brokers Pte Ltd, Abbott Manufacturing Singapore Private Limited
• Bausch & Lomb, Bishan-Toa Payoh Town Council, Babes Pregnancy Crisis Support Ltd
• Central Provident Fund Board, Centros Life Science, Conversant
• Defence Science & Technology Agency, Darul Makmur Mosque
• Etiqa Insurance Bhd
• Fiserv (ASPAC), Flowserve, FMD Management Consultants, Francois Marine Services, Fuji Oil (Singapore) Pte Ltd, Fusion Consulting Singapore, Fusion Cosmetics, FMD Management Consultants Pte Ltd
• Heraeus Materials Singapore, Hwa Chong Institution
• Interbrand, ISS Facility Services, ITE College Central
• JANCO Aviation
• Kulicke & Soffa
• Lawton & Yeo Design Associates, LINTEC Singapore, LVMH F & C (S)
• Ministry of Education, Ministry of Environment and Water Resources, MKS Logistics, MOL, MSIG Holdings, MCL Logistics Asia Pte Ltd, My Drum School Pte Ltd
• Navig8 Asia, Ngee Ann Polytechnic, Nu Skin Enterprises Singapore, National Institute of Education
• Onehub Tank Coating, OSA Valve Services
• PDS International, People's Association, Petrojaya, Pokka Corporation, PT Bank Negara Indonesia (Persero) Tbk, Singapore, Public Service Division, Prime Minister’s Office, Pasta Fresca Da Salvatore
• Quest Vacation International, QuestNet
•UOB Kay Hian Pte Ltd
• Recording Industry Performance Singapore, Republic Polytechnic, Rodalink (S), Roxy-Pacific Holdings
• Sembcorp Design and Construction, Singapore Children's Society, Singapore Corporation of Rehabilitative Enterprises, Singapore Indian Development Association, Singapore Medical Council, Singapura Finance Ltd, ST-Airport Services, Supreme Court, Surbana Site Supervisors, Swire Shipping Agencies, Singapore Institute of Technology
• Teambuild Construction, The STAR Performing Arts Centre, Tower Club Singapore, TrichoKare
• Unimatec Singapore, U Distribution Pte Ltd
• Verztec Consulting, VICOM Inspection Centre, Vital, MOF
• Wahana (S), Web Professional House, Wing Siang Long
• YGP Pte Ltd