Teach a man a procedure, he will comply with the way as stipulated in the procedure to get a job done. Teach a man on how to think out of the box, he will show you more than one creative ways to get a job done, perhaps even in a more effective and efficient manner.
Mankind and society have made much progress and advancement. This is largely due to creativity being exercised, and the will to think out of the box that pushes us beyond our limited beliefs and boundary.
This one-day course will empower participants to learn and practice seven Think Out Of The Box (TOOTB) creativity techniques. Participants will have the opportunity to design one of the seven techniques.
• Learn the myths and truth of creativity
• Learn the core of TOOTB
• Learn six TOOTB creativity techniques
• Design one creativity technique
1. Creativity vs Innovation
- Discuss the difference between creativity and innovation
2. CORE of TOOTB
- Discuss the CORE of thinking out of the box
3. Need for TOOTB
- Circumstances that require us to think out of the box creatively
4. Obstacles to creativity
- Factors that hinder creative thinking
5. Myths and Truths of Creativity
6. 7 Creative TOOTB Techniques
- Structured Brainstorming
- Brainstorming +
- Rapid Association
- Talk to unrelated persons
- Study other industries
- Attribute zapping
- Your Way
7. Essentials of TOOTB
- Other essential factors that encourage or support TOOTB
8. Creative TOOTB Technique: Your Way
- Participants design/DIY a creative technique
Who should attend
• Managers, Engineers, Professionals, Teams
• Group Discussion
• Group Practice
• Role Play
Benefits of Attending This Course
• Learn the importance of thinking creatively and thinking out of the box
• Learn six creative TOOTB techniques useful at workplace
• Opportunity to design one creative TOOTB technique by participants
• A high degree of flexibility accorded to participants during the class to encourage creative thinking
What questions this training programme provides answers to:
• Can creativity be learned?
• What is my creativity intelligence?
• How can TOOTB be applied to varied circumstances?
• What creative techniques are available for me to leverage?
Philip Lee has over 28 years of working experience in the American MNCs, namely Texas Instruments Singapore and Micron Semiconductor Asia Pte Ltd. He has held the positions of a Master Structured Teamwork Facilitator, Training and People Development Manager, Organization and Workforce Development Manager, Materials Operations Manager, and Manufacturing Quality Manager.
At the national level, Philip Lee is a veteran assessor. He has amassed over 13 years of assessment experience under different national frameworks such as Business Excellence National Lead Assessor, Singapore Productivity Award National Assessor and Businesses for Family Mark/We Welcome Families Award National Assessor,
With over 20 years of experiences in training, facilitation and organization development, his participants often describe him to be captivating, passionate, focus, engaging, and outcome-based. Philip’s forte is in the areas of fundamental leadership, problem-solving & decision-making, team-working, effective meeting skills, creativity, conflict management, facilitation skills, communication & interpersonal relationship, performance appraisal, service leadership, project management, inter alia. He has facilitated 1500 hours of training delivery that benefited more than 5400 participants from all levels of staff and from all walks of life. Philip has also earned an ‘Outstanding Life Coach’ recognition from the-then MCYS ‘Save the Children’ program.
Coupled with his national assessment experience which means he is familiar with the best practices in the industry, Philip brings a wealth of knowledge for learning and sharing into the training.
Philip possesses a Master of Science in Training, Bachelor of Science in double Physics, Diploma in Personnel Management and Advanced Certificate in Training and Assessment. He is also a Certified Professional Facilitator & Trainer, Advanced Certified Behavioral Coach and Master Facilitator of Structured Teamwork.
• Date to be advised (1st Run)
• S$ 450 per participant
• S$ 400 per participant for 2 participants from the same organisation
• S$ 350 per participant for 3 or more participants from the same organisation
• 9 am - 5 pm
• Coffee & tea with snacks during the morning and afternoon breaks
• Buffet lunch with vegetarian & halal options
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded at the end of the workshop.
Please use this form to register for our HRM SKILLS Workshops.
* Please note that the participant’s particulars will be shared with SSG (SkillsFuture Singapore) for the post-training TRAQOM (Training Quality and Outcome Measurement) survey.
STILL NOT SURE? CALL US
(65) 6337-7516 or 6338-8487, 9 am to 5 pm, Mondays to Fridays
You can register online for any of HRM SKILLS Workshops using the Registration Form or send an email to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
The information we require for email registration is as follows:
- Course Title & Date
- Participant's Full Name, NRIC/FIN, Email Address, Mobile Number
- Organisation, Company Name or Self-Sponsored
- Contact Person (If different from Participant)
- Contact Number